Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Here's The Latest

We've been really busy the last several weeks. This past weekend we went to Austin to visit Laine's family. Jackson did really well with the traveling and enjoyed meeting lots of his cousins and aunts/uncles.


Here are some Jackson updates:



  • He no longer sleeps with the swaddle at night. We are trying to wean him during his daytime naps. He is doing a great job putting himself to sleep. He used to cry if he was awake when we put him down. Now, he will fuss a little bit and maybe suck his hand and then go right to sleep 85% of the time. This is great progress!

  • He is smiling, giggling, and talking all the time. We are having so much fun playing with him these days. Today I was making some funny growling noises and he was just giggling. So much fun!

  • He recently noticed himself in the mirror. He used to just look at me in the mirror. The other day he noticed himself and and just started laughing and smiling.

  • He seems to like the television. I don't think this is a good thing but we continue to catch him watching it if it is on. We try to limit how much it is on when he's in the room.

  • He's still doing well with the bottles. Today was the first time he had 3 bottles in one day and he did a great job!

That's it for the Jackson updates. Today and tomorrow I am in training all day so Laine is taking the days off to stay with Jackson. They had a lot of fun today. I return to work on July 31st. We have family and friends watching him until he starts at his day care on Aug. 18th. We would really appreciate your prayers as I go back to work. Even though we know he will be in great hands it is very difficult to leave him. Laine and I had no idea how attached and in love with him we'd be. You always hear that having a child is a love like no other but don't really understand it until you have your own. We are so thankful that God blessed us with Jackson!

Some recent pictures:




Jackson has graduated from the swaddle at night. He sleeps in a sleep sack to keep him warm.

Jackson and his 2nd cousin Laurie

G, Uncle Jim, and Aunt Jeanne


Listening to Jackson "talk" to us


I'm a big boy!


Uh-oh, mommy caught me watching t.v.


Daddy's glasses


Reading with daddy and mommy (below)




precious....

tummy time with daddy


Grayson peeking under the blanket (Jackson's asleep in his car seat after running errands)


Jackson and his friend Jacob


Jackson and his friend Luke

6 comments:

jennyc said...

What great pictures of Jackson! Colton cannot wait to come and play with him. He is practicing being very gentle! That's great news about him putting himself to sleep. Way to go, Jackson! Praying for you Dana!

Courtney said...

I can't wait to see Jackson this weekend. I miss him so much. He has the most beautiful lips and eyelashes.

Courtney said...

forgot to say.......LOVE the fact that Jackson is so eco conscious........LOVE THE ONESIE!!

juliehh said...

hope he keeps up with the eco consciousness! he keeps getting cuter and cuter!

Varner said...

Please call me or shoot me an email if you ever need to talk when you go back to work. Your favorite part of your day will be when you go to pick him up!

Lisa said...

He is getting so big! What a cutie! I will be praying about your return to work. I know what you are going thru.