Yesterday at school we practiced our duck and cover drill with the students just in case of severe weather...little did I know I'd be doing it at home that night! Guess what happens when daddy goes out of town during the school week for the very first time since Jackson's birth....we have a tornado warning!!! At about 9:35 p.m. Pete
Delkus (I love him on channel 8!) said that the residents of Frisco needed to seek shelter. Of course I was freaking out.
Laine's mom called to check on me as I was trying to get the weather radio and flashlight in the closet. Then, as I was going to get Jackson from his crib the sirens started going off. I was definitely freaking out then. I grabbed Jackson and we got in the closet. I called
Laine and was panicking because I couldn't figure out the stupid weather radio. I wasn't thinking straight! Finally I figured it out and got off the phone. Jackson and I sat in there for about 15 minutes. Then
Laine's sister called me to tell me that it had passed Frisco and the weather radio said we were no longer under a warning. I put Jackson back to bed and all was well. I never even heard any heavy rain, wind, or thunder. I guess it's better to be safe than sorry but it really wasn't that bad after all. Lesson learned: I do not do well under stress!
In other news...Jackson still seems to be feeling pretty well. The ladies at day care have said he's been a little fussy but he's been okay at home.
Today Jackson and I put together little treats for his teachers for Valentine's Day. We had some leftover candy and look who found it. I think he might have a sweet tooth. Don't worry...he didn't eat any chocolate, it was all covered.

Jackson got some bubbles from a girl in his class. We tried them out today since it was so nice out this afternoon. He LOVED them and giggled when I blew the bubbles. I didn't get any good shots with lots of bubbles but did get a smile!


7 comments:
Love you both lots, lots, lots!! I would have FREAKED out beyond belief of the tornado....wonder where we get that from:) i better see Jackson in his Valentine outfit.......as well as you....MAGGIE(avery) - whom I know will read this(love u)
I was in freak out mode too, Dana! And, I think the sirens freaked Miley out, as well. I had to chase her around the house and kept thinking - if anything hits us right now, we're out of luck. But when Pete says to take shelter, I'm going to do my best to hunker down. I HATE tornado warnings!
And, I'm glad to hear that Jackson is doing better.
I was in same situation that night. Marc was working and soon as I put Avery down for the night, sirens went off everywhere. I too watched Pete and called Marc in freakout mode. It is scary being home by yourself and the baby. Avery loves bubbles too. They are a GREAT distraction!!
I can't believe laine happened to be gone with the threat of a tornado. our sirens went off too and I got Luke out of bed and we sat in the closet for about 5-10 minutes. Somehow Luke managed to stay asleep. glad you made it!
Love the new pictures! The last time I remember hearing a tornado siren was back in my Longview days! I can't imagine how scary it is by yourself with Jackson! Glad you made it with no actual storm.
Hi Dana! We were in the same situation here in Edmond on Tuesday afternoon. It was the 3rd time since we have lived here that I have had to "take cover"! I do not do well under that stress! I put some pictures from it on my blog. It was scary!!! The tornado actually hit 5 miles north of our house!
Glad you guys are safe. And I must say that I'm impressed that you have a weather radio. You go girl! Lots of love and hugs to all of you.
Post a Comment