One year ago today Jackson was born at 7:57 a.m. It is difficult for me to put into words how much I have loved being his mother over the past year. This post is more for me to look back on and for Jackson to be able to read one day when he is older. So, if you don't want to read all of my mushy thoughts you might want to by-pass this post.
Before having Jackson I was so nervous that I might not bond with him immediately. I know it's very normal for it to take a while for mom and baby to bond, especially with all the crazy post-baby hormones. But fortunately for me it was love at first sight. I was just talking to a friend at work that is about to have a baby and I was reflecting on the day he was born. At some point I was alone with him in our room and I remember looking at him and telling him how much I loved him and how much I was looking forward to getting to know him and how much fun we were going to have together. It was such a magical time. Those first few months were pretty hard, but like everyone says, you totally forget how hard it is and you forget all of the sleepless nights. I can look back on that time with such fondness now. It has been such a blast watching Jackson grow and learn and become his own little person. I had no idea that being a mother would bring me so much joy. I love being Jackson's mom and just hope and pray that I help him grow into a man of character that loves God, his fellow man, and his country.
Someone once told me that when you have young children the days are long and the years are short. Amen to that! I don't want to wish this time away too quickly and I want to savor every moment I have with Jackson.
Jackson,
You have brought us so much joy. You are such a special gift! We love you so much and will always be here for you. Happy birthday buddy!
Love, Mommy and Daddy
8 comments:
that is sweet.
I have tears in my eyes from your comments because I can totally relate. Nothing can prepare you for the joy that parenthood brings! Happy Birthday, Jackson!!
Happy Birthday, Jackson! And Congrats to mom and dad for surving this first year - it only gets better and better from here!
Happy Birthday Jackson!
Happy B-Day, little Jackson!! Awww - how sweet!!
Happy Birthday Jackson! I'm so glad you love motherhood! It really is a blessing and one you can't describe unless you're a mom too!
I loved your post - and I loved getting to be a part of the day he was born. It's hard to believe that a year has passed.
Oh, Dana. That just made me cry... made my heart ache with the tenderness... of remembering that time with my babies... It amazes me how fiercely one can love. I would have never believed it... until I experienced it. I love that you love your Jackson in that way, too. =)
Post a Comment