Sunday, December 13, 2009

Getting Into the Holiday Spirit

We had another visit from Grandpa this week. Jackson enjoyed reading his bedtime book with him.




This weekend we had our annual December friend weekend. It was so much fun. Here are all of the boys (and Kaitlynn) watching t.v. while the girls talked and finished getting dinner ready.




Kid's table.




Ready to exchange presents...




Jackson mesmerized by the snow globe.




This picture just cracked me up because he's just like a man patting his belly.




Before we left we had to get a picture with Santa.




The next day we took the kids to Going Bonkers and then we all went to lunch. After that we put the kids down for a nap and the boys stayed with the kids while the three of us went to the mall. I think we were able to talk more in those few hours than we have in two years. It was absolutely wonderful!



We had such a great weekend with our best friends in the whole wide world. I love these guys so much.
But...some very, very special people were missing this year. Amanda, Jerry, and Alex - I cannot tell you how much you were missed. Though we had a great time it wasn't the same without you guys. How I wish Amanda was with us Friday night as we prepared dinner and Saturday at the mall. I love you, girl!


Saturday night G and Dada came over again to watch Jackson so we could go to Laine's work party. It was wonderful to have another night out together.



And we finished the weekend by finally decorating our tree! I just need to get some beautiful ribbon to top it off. I am going to attempt a bow for the top and then wrap the tree with it. Those who know me know I have absolutely no creative genes but I'm going to figure this out and make it look pretty!



Have a great week!

5 comments:

Lisa said...

Tree looks great!

Tanna said...

Dana, your tree ALREADY looks great! I can't wait to see the ribbon. You are so growing and cultivating those creative genes! =) I'm thinking you are way underestimating yourself.

The Friend Weekend looks so fun... it makes me sad that our little clan was not there. I know they miss you all. I absolutely love those kind of friendships. Truly blessings beyond measure.

Jackson does look like a little man patting his belly! LOL!

Lauri said...

Oh, girl...it WAS such a fun weekend!! Truly therapeutic to be able to talk uninterrupted while the guys had the kiddos!

And yes, just not the same without Amanda. Maybe next time...

Be sure to post pics of your ribbon tree. It'll be perfect!

Courtney said...

You look so pretty heading to Laine's work party. How great that the boys watched all the kiddos while the girls shopped!

Amanda said...

Tears. Just lots of tears after reading this post. Thank you for you sweet note - I missed you guys, too. Just aren't any words to describe how much I hated not being there. Glad that the boys took the kiddos so that the girls could enjoy a little QT. Wish I could have been with you. Love you!