Thursday, December 24, 2009

What Did We Do Yesterday?

First, we went to see Santa. As you can see, he was not a huge fan. We keep talking about Santa in line and watched him and I thought he would pull it off - but nope, he wasn't having any of that. Once we got home and he would look at the picture he would say Santa and ho ho ho.



Then we took a walk before the weather turned cold. We have this problem of Jackson wanting to stand up in the stroller. It is a constant battle. Yesterday we heard the trash truck and Jackson loves BIG TRUCKS so we decided to follow it. For a full 30 minutes he sat in the stroller and watched the truck. He must have said big truck about 100 times. We were far enough behind that I was still able to get in a good walk while Jackson was entertained.



Once the trash truck was gone, it was back to this battle... He will pop his little head up with the biggest smile like he knows how cute he his. Laine and I have to turn our heads so we don't smile and then we have to tell him to "sit down!"



Once that battle was over Jackson decided he wanted to walk the rest of the way. He kept saying "shoes, shoes" since I didn't put any on him. I didn't think he'd be walking. I just love having the time to slow down and not be in such a hurry. Love those kinds of days!




Lastly, we celebrated the birthday of the best father and husband in the entire world. We love you so much!!!!! We celebrated with a pizza from Pizza Hut! Life is exciting these days, huh? Actually that's about all we could handle. Laine's been working a lot and been sick too. We've all had pretty bad colds, pink eye (Jackson and Laine), and a stomach bug (Jackson and Dana.) Does this passing illnesses back and forth ever end?

5 comments:

Amanda said...

Looks like Jackson continues to keep you on your toes! I look at him and see the future, and I just keep thinking to myself, "I hope I can keep up!" =)

I'm glad you got to have a "slow day." Those really are the best, aren't they. I sure do miss you guys.

Hope you have a wonderful Christmas and a great visit with C, M and A. Take lots of pictures for us to see.

Amanda said...

PS - HAPPY BIRTHDAY, LAINE! I agree with Dana - you are a wonderful husband and father. I couldn't ask for anyone better for my sweet friend and Jackson.

Tanna said...

Following the garbage truck to keep Jackson entertained because he loves big trucks falls under the "GENIUS" category, too! LOL!

Happy Birthday, Laine!

Lauri said...

Happy Birthday Laine!! I sure hope you are feeling better these days!

Love the pic of Jackson with Santa! I'd say he did pretty well this year, despite the sad face :-)

Katherine said...

You know I can totally relate to the wanting out of the stroller. I'm soooo ready for this phase to PASS! I love that he was so content watching the garbage truck, that is hilarious! So glad you were able to slow and enjoy the day, those days are just great!

And Happy Birthday Laine! Sounds like you enjoyed your day with the family! See you guys soon!