Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Thank You Aunt Courtney and Mumsey

We had to say goodbye to Ms. Tamie and Ms. Erica a few days ago. These two ladies were amazing. We are so thankful that he had such loving and wonderful teachers this year. I cried on his last day because he had such a great year. I just can't say enough about how great they were. It is such a blessing to drop your child off in the morning and see his teacher hug and kiss him!
















I still cannot believe that yesterday was my last day of work. Aunt Courtney and Mumsey were here watching Jackson during my last 6 days since our daycare closes when the teachers are done. THANK YOU to both of you for your help. We love you!

Jackson got to spend lots of time with his cousin Alex while Aunt Courtney was here.



























I hope he improves his technique before his baby brother gets here. He doesn't seem to be paying much attention...














Having to clean out my office gave me the opportunity to go back and reminisce about the last 12 years. I went back through pictures and all of the cards that parents and students have given me over the years and it really made me smile to be able to end on such a positive note. Since having Jackson work has been more stressful and I lost some of the joy I used to have. I shed a few tears reading the notes and cards and it felt good to remember the postive impact that I had on so many students' lives. There was a time when I loved my job and spent hours upon hours journaling with students, reading the latest research, and grading papers.
Now I'm moving on to a different career. I feel the same passion as I head down this path as I did when I was teaching. I cannot wait! I am so thankful for this blessing!

2 comments:

Tanna said...

You made me cry, Dana. Passages are always full of the excitement of what's ahead... and the letting go of what's behind. Bittersweet, but always good. All the best to you... enjoy this next part of your journey.

I can't believe Alex is already old enjough to sit up! Gosh time flies!!

Lauri said...

Very sweet and reflective! It's definitely bittersweet, and I completely get where you're coming from. But I'm so happy to hear the excitement in your words about your new "job" and role as the Mommy of (almost) 2 sweet boys. Enjoy these last couple months with Jackson before the little one arrives...craziness will soon ensue, ha!