We keep getting more and more snow! It is absolutely beautiful. I even ventured out into it today because it was so deep and fluffy.
Even though it is beautiful, I am starting to get some serious cabin fever!!
Jackson has had about 4 accident free (#1) days in a row. We have still been having trouble getting him motivated to go #2 on the toilet. So, what's a mother to do? I pulled out the big guns! Actually, I pulled out one of his birthday gifts. He won't miss one gift on his actual b-day will he? :-)
I told him if he went #2 on the potty and didn't have any other accidents he could pick a car from the set of 4 I bought him. He was salivating when he saw the cars. It's amazing to me how a little car can be so motivating! He earned The King and Chick Hicks so far. He is in HEAVEN! I know I can't bribe him forever but he's been doing so well and I think he just needs some motivation to get over the #2 hump. I'll report back on how he's doing soon....
Sweet Ryan just chillin'
Jackson wanted to hold Ryan so I let him. He's sweet for about 5 seconds and then he's ready to play.
Ryan is going to need to be one tough little boy to live alongside his big brother!
4 comments:
Glad you guys have gotten out and enjoyed the snow. Jackson sure seems to like it. And that Ryan, I just want to squeeze those precious cheeks!
I love how the simple things, like a pack of cars does the trick. And I love seeing the pure joy in Jackson's face from those cars. What a joy he is! You are blessed my friend!
Ryan will be as tough as he needs. ;) They are too sweet! The snow is very pretty.... but, I'm ready for some WARM weather!
Cheers for the potty progress!!
I can't get over all the snow you guys are getting! I'm a tad bit jealous - only because the second the snow falls here, the snow plows are out everywhere clearing all of the streets. It's much better than when it snows in Texas. =)
Glad to see that Jackson is taking full advantage of all the snow time. And little Ryan looks so sweet and snuggly in his Longhorn toboggan. Hugs to those boys for me!
Wow, that one picture with Jackson shows the snow REALLY coming down! That is definitely not something we're used to, is it? But yes, I completely agree that cabin fever is present among us in a major way. All the Mommies in the area are going to be shouting praises to the Heavens above later today and tomorrow when it warms up a bit! Due to illness and then the weather, we have been in our PJs around here for almost 2 weeks!
Congrats on potty successes with Jackson! He is doing great! #2 is definitely a big hurdle. I always kept emphasizing to Connor that he could do it when he was ready, trying to put the ownership with him. Of course, bribes were always helpful too! And I know there is no better bribe in this world for Jackson than cars!! I can just hear him now, Dinaco's All Mine!! LOL!!
Post a Comment