Thursday, March 10, 2011

What We've Been Up To

I haven't had much to blog about lately. Not a whole lot going on around here. Right now I have 2 sick boys at home. Jackson's temp got up to 103.6 yesterday. And Ryan seems to have it today. I am SOOOO ready for sick season to be over. Can I get an Amen from all the other moms out there!?!?  I am thankful that the boys have not gotten the flu or RSV this year. Hopefully we can make it a few more weeks...


Ryan has been eating more solids. I have enjoyed making his food this time around. It is much easier than I thought it would be. I have to admit that I was a little intimidated at the idea but once I spent some time looking over this website I realized how easy it would be. There are so many resources out there but this one has everything you would ever need to know about making baby food. (http://www.wholesomebabyfood.com/) I haven't used anything else. Surely it's healthier and for the most part it has definitely been cheaper. Ryan has had cereal, bananas, prunes, pears, sweet potato, butternut and acorn squash, and avocado. He does not seem to be a fan of the cereal, avocado, prunes, and plums. Maybe he's going to be picky?  He has liked everything else. The prunes are the only ones that have been store bought. I got them to help with some constipation issues. Next to try are peas, and green beans.

Jackson is very excited about his upcoming birthday. He is constantly asking about it and declaring to everyone that he is having a TowMater and Lightening McQueen party. For a while he was asking for a Yo Gabba Gabba party and I tried to not talk about that because I have looked at a few party stores and I couldn't find anything. I did find some on the web but Cars products are everywhere and cheap. I'm going to make red and brown cupcakes and top them with Lightening McQueen and TowMater cupcake toppers.

Next week we will be together with my family. Alex's family will be coming down and we will all be together before Ella Rae gets here. Isn't that a beautiful name? I love it. Can't wait for all of the cousins to be together. I'm sure I'll have lots of pictures to post.

For now, here are a few recent pictures from the past week or two.



We've been doing lots of this since he's been sick.

Today we finally made it outside to get some much needed fresh air.

Poor Ryan was not feeling too well so he rested on the porch.

5 comments:

Tanna said...

Oh, Dana, I hope everyone is feeling better today! I am impressed that you are making your own food for Ryan! You go girl! I'm hoping for some sunshine and health for your house today!

Katherine said...

So glad you guys are feeling better today! Yesterday, out of the blue Jacob says, "Mom, today is Thursday. Why aren't we doing something with Aunt Dana?" He missed our playdate. And so did I!!!

So glad sweet Ryan is enjoying his solids. I have yet to try making any fruits. Maybe I'll try it this weekend when Jim is here and I have a little more free time.

We can't wait for Jackson's party. You know little Luke will be in heaven with a Cars themed party! And Jacob too for that matter! :)
Looking forward to seeing you guys tomorrow!

Lauri said...

It's so good to hear from you again on the blog! I am SO sorry to hear your sweet boys have been so sick. Our "sick" month around here was February -- seemed like everyone around us had flu, strep, or stomach virus. I hope for your sake that your boys recover soon and that they are illness-free until next cold weather season!

Good for you for making all of Ryan's baby foods! Go girl! I can honestly say that is something I never considered nor would have done because I just don't have the patience for it. Of course, now that I've been on a diet and focusing on nutrition labels and such, it makes so much more sense to prepare healthy and wholesome "meals" for your baby's first foods. I'm proud of you for sticking to it!

Hang in there and I hope to see more blog posts soon once your babies are better and you are able to get out and about. Miss and love you girl!

Anonymous said...

Awesome that you are making the food for Ryan. Alex keeps asking me if I will do that for Ella. If it is cheaper and better I might try it as well. However you and court will have to give me some tips.. Email me what ever you can please.

Sorry to hear no one feels well. Emma is not feeling well either. I hope it goes away before Monday or traveling is going to be fun.

Amanda said...

Yes, girl, an amen for sick season to be gone. I know it's hard when everyone is down for the count. I hope you all are on the upswing now.

I'm going to check out the baby food website you posted. I never attempted making my own with Alex, but I may go for it this next time around. You know, since I'm more domesticated now and all. Ha!

Wish so much that we could join in the fun for the Cars party. Alex has a Cars sticker book from Noni, and he LOVES looking at it every single day. I bought him his first two die cast cars today (Lighting and Mater, of course). I just couldn't help myself. He loves those stickers so much that I thought he would enjoy playing with the actual cars themselves. I've contemplated buying the movie, too. We'll see. Anyway, all that to say that Alex would be in heaven at Jackson's party. Please eat a cupcake for us when the time comes. =)