We've enjoyed a lot of fun Easter activities this weekend.
This morning Jackson was excited to see what the Easter Bunny left him. He enjoyed hunting for eggs before heading off to church with G and Dada.
At G and Dada's house we had a birthday celebration for past and upcoming birthdays in the family.
For Easter we got some beautiful new pictures of Brooks and Kaley. Aren't they so beautiful and handsome? I can't believe how grown up they are!
The kids enjoyed Easter baskets with lots of goodies.
Another Easter egg hunt!
And confetti eggs!
Picture of the cousins.
Yes, Ryan is still part of the family. :-) He just slept through all of the festivities. Here he is enjoying some of his goodies.
Tonight when I went in to check on Ryan this is how I found him. He has recently started moving all over his crib at night.
We are so thankful for such a great Easter weekend with family and friends. But most importantly we are thankful for our Jesus who died and rose again and that we live in a country where we are free to celebrate the hope we have in Him. I love these words from one of my favorite songs we sang at church this morning:
In Christ Alone
In Christ alone, who took on flesh
Fullness of God in helpless babeThis gift of love and righteousness
Scorned by the ones He came to save
'Til on that cross as Jesus died
The wrath of God was satisfied
For every sin on Him was laid
Here in the death of Christ I live
There in the ground His body lay
Light of the world by darkness slain
Then bursting forth in glorious Day
Up from the grave He rose again
And as He stands in victory
Sin's curse has lost its grip on me
For I am His and He is mine
Bought with the precious blood of Christ
No guilt of life, no fear in death
This is the power of Christ in me
From life's first cry to final breath
Jesus commands my destiny
No power of hell, no scheme of man
Can ever pluck me from His hand
'til He returns or calls me home
Here in the power of Christ I'll stand
3 comments:
Beautiful lyrics to a great song. Thanks for sharing. Easter is such a meaningful and powerful day and I just love it!
Glad you guys had a nice day together with Laine's family. Kaylee and Brooks are getting so big and so cute. Glad Ryan woke up and decided to join in on the fun for his first Easter. Sweet boy. And sweet Jackson looked like he was in heaven with all that fun and candy, I'm sure!
I love that song! It is a great reminder of the gift of salvation we've been given.
Looks like you guys had a fantastic Easter weekend, and I'm so thrilled that you got to spend it with family. You are creating lots of memories for the boys to look back on and cherish as they grow up.
Love you!
It's so fun to see Jackson really getting into the Easter traditions. I love that your boys will have older cousins to look up to -- they are such sweet kids and you can really tell how much they love Jackson.
I haven't seen many pics of you lately, but I can really tell in these pics how long your hair is getting. Are you growing it out? I love it! You look great!
Post a Comment