Thursday, May 26, 2011

When Daddy's Away...

the boys will play.
Tomorrow makes day NINE that Laine has been out of town for work.  Thankfully he returns tomorrow.  To say that I'm worn out and seriously in need of a break is an understatement!  I have an all new respect for my friends who have husbands that travel a lot.

Here are a few things that have happened while Laine has been away:

  • I have locked myself out of the house
  • Gone to the mall and couldn't find my wallet so we had to rush home only to find it sitting on the couch
  • Gotten the boys in the closet during a tornado scare
  • Said a prayer of thanks that I was able to get to Ryan before he swallowed the earplug that Jackson gave him
  • Had to use the plunger to un-clog the toilet
  • Discovered that Jackson had written on Ryan's head with a dry erase marker
Those are just a few of the highlights.

Here are pictures of poor Ryan's head.  Thankfully it came right off.

















I think Ryan is hoping his daddy will come home to help take care of him since mommy can't even keep him clean.

5 comments:

Jami said...

Wow! That ear plug incident is scary!! Hang in there girl!

Lauri said...

I know I shouldn't be laughing, but your post cracked me up! Believe me, I completely understand how hard it is when Daddy is away. They like to take business trips so that we can appreciate them so much more, ha! I'm glad you have survived (so far) the long trip and hopefully Laine will let you take some much-needed Mommy time when he returns. You deserve it!!

PS - The tornado thing would SCARE me. Thank goodness you all were safe!

Jess said...

I can only imagine. Glad to hear he will be home soon. Give the kids to him and you go the spy! Wish we were closer we could have all hung out and made it a lot easier... Hang in there we love you and you are doing a great job.. You are an awesome Mom.

Amanda said...

Yea for Daddy coming home today! I bet you are sooooo excited! Glad to see that despite all of the week's "highlights," everyone has survived - including you! You definitely had a couple of scary moments there. Glad to know that all of you are ok. I miss you!

Courtney said...

Ha!! You did a great job.