Friday, June 10, 2011

Summer Is Here!

Ryan is getting closer and closer to crawling.  He gets up on all fours and moves forward a bit but then he just plops down on the floor and reaches as hard as he  can for whatever  he wants.  You can tell he really wants to crawl.  Poor guy.  Hopefully he will get there soon.

 









We've been spending a lot of time outdoors.  Jackson and Ryan are enjoying their little pools.  Jackson is also taking swimming lessons right now.  I'll have to try to snap some pictures next week.  He seems to be enjoying them.






Both boys just seem to be growing up so fast.  It's hard to believe Ryan will be one year old in a little over 2 months.  He's becoming very busy and active now even though he's still not crawling.

Jackson is becoming quite the outgoing little guy.  He talks to EVERYBODY and asks their name.  His newest thing is asking people to come over to his house.  The other day we were at the ENT and while I was checking out he walked into one of the offices where there were some ladies working and asked their names and told them about his new big boy bed.  He then proceeded to ask them to come over to see his bed.  At his three year appointment Dr. G said it was time to have the "stranger danger" talk and I can see why we need to since he has now invited half the city to the house.

Jackson also has quite the imagination these days.  In fact, just yesterday he had a very long conversation with me about the giraffe that is living in his pocket.  LOVE this part of him being three.  It's so fun!  

Hope you all are enjoying your summer too!

2 comments:

Lauri said...

Jackson just cracks me up! It makes me a little sad that I don't know him better to experience these fun things about his personality. I'm hoping he'll invite me over to see his bed during our visit with you guys next month. :-)

Sweet Ryan! His hair is really coming in and transforms his appearance, doesn't it? I'm so impressed that you are spending so much time outdoors already this summer. I hate the heat so much that I usually just retreat indoors until September! So glad to see that you're enjoying your summer days.

Miss and love you!!!

Tanna said...

Dana, I just love to hear of Jackson's life. He is amazing. I can just imagine some of those conversations! The giraffe in his pocket conversation would be especially fun. "Stranger danger" does sound like it might be in order. Houseguests may be arriving at any time! LOL!

Ryan is growing up so fast!! It just doesn't seem he should be nearly one. I like how you have a special small pool for him with that shade! Cute as a button!!