A Few Funnies
- The other day I took the boys to Kroger to get three things. It took us about 10 minutes. In that span of ten minutes Jackson got a bloody nose (from running his little cart into a pole in the middle of the store) and spilled a carton of milk all over the floor. As I was tending to Jackson, Ryan almost climbed out of the cart seat (this would be because his belly was too fat for the buckle.) Thankfully, a nice stranger alerted me to this before he fell out onto the floor! It was a real treat walking out of the store in my white shirt with blood all over it. Having kids is very humbling sometimes.
- Jackson has found hiding place for presents. I already had some Christmas stocking stuffers and he found them. Now I have to find another spot. I have found him peeking a few times. I keep forgetting to move them!
- The first week of school Jackson kept coming home talking about how his teachers kept calling him darlin'. He seemed to really wonder what that meant and whether or not it was a good or bad thing.
- Ryan now eats more than me. I've been trying to lose some of this baby weight so I'm watching my portions and I do believe he can polish off more than I do! Maybe this is why the buckle I mentioned above didn't fit. Haha!
- I always get a little laugh when I go to the monitor to check on Ryan when I think he's asleep and I find this:

- Unfortunately Jackson is starting to skip naps a lot of afternoons. I'd say he takes 2-3 naps a week. I do make him play quietly or read books in his room if he doesn't sleep. The other day he some how snuck out of his room during nap time and got his craft box. Imagine my surprise when I went in there to check on him and found 14,000 little pieces of paper that he had cut and his leg and toe nails colored red. I had to turn my head to keep from laughing in front of him. I think sometimes God makes them do the funniest things to help us keep a sense of humor and keep us from harming our kids.
5 comments:
Kids are so funny sometimes. I think that is what helps keep mommies sane. They always know exactly when to make us laugh. Was wonderful to get to see you all and spend time with the boys. Miss you and love you all very much. Can't wait to see them in December. Hopefully our next duty station will get us closer, I would love to spend days with my nephews and you as well. Question: What would Ryan like for Christmas? We have Jackson's the picture from the Elephant. Let me know thanks.
Those are sweet funnies!!! I agree - if God didn't give us those, we may strangle our kids!!
Oh, YES! YES! YES! I can totally relate to so much of this post! Alex has his own little antics that I just don't have the patience for these days. Thanks for the reminder of the importance of being able to laugh at it all.
LOL! Those are some red toes alright! Looks like he was outlining his tibia, too. Busy little men. Poor baby worrying about whether darling was good or bad. LOL! Oh, they do bring laughter to a home. And, joy. And, lots of work. A richness that is incomparable. Ryan is too cute in the monitor! Sweet boys! blessings ~ tanna
I think it is too funny that Jackson has already found some of the Christmas gifts. He's a smart little cookie! And the red marker during rest time...love him! Aren't you glad it didn't end up on his comforter or the walls, yikes!
Glad you can find humor in this and not get too stressed out. We both know that might just send me over the edge..haha!
Post a Comment