Monday, August 13, 2012

Trip to Georgia

At the beginning of August my mom, Jackson, and I went to Georgia to visit Aunt Jessica, Uncle Alex and the girls.  We had a great visit.  The first few days were actually relaxing for me because Jackson played so well with Emma. They are 6 months apart and really seem to love each other. When we got down to the last day or so Jackson was getting tired and worn out and he became his usual loud and rambunctious self.  Not so relaxing at that point!  Here are some pictures from our trip.

Jackson enjoyed being dressed up by Emma.

They spent a lot of time riding around in Emma's barbie car.   Jackson always drove and they argued like a little couple.  It was hilarious.  They are both pretty bossy and stubborn so it added to the humor.

One of the nights while we were there mom and I watched the kids so Jessica and Alex could go to dinner.

This picture made me laugh.  Emma posed every time like a little princess and Jackson was usually running away.

Uncle Alex and Ella.

Since Uncle Alex was about to deploy he decided to shave his head.  He  let Jackson do the honors.  This was probaby the highlight of the trip for Jackson.

We went to the Columbia zoo and I snapped this cute pic of the kids heading in.

Highlight of the zoo was probably an Icee for Jackson.

This was a special visit for us because Alex left on Saturday for Kuwait.  He will be there for a year.  Meanwhile, Jessica and the girls are going to live close to her mom in El Paso.  Jessica is 3 months pregnant with my niece or nephew.  Thankfully, Alex will be able to be home for the birth.  And even more exciting is that they are hoping to be stationed in San Antonio after this year.  Yea!! 

Please pray for Alex as he is away from his family for a year and for Jessica as she takes care of the girls on her own while being pregnant.  I am so proud of my brother for his sacrifice for our country and also for Jessica and other military wives for their sacrifices as well. 

We love you guy!

3 comments:

Amanda said...

What a special trip. I know you must have enjoyed having time with Alex and his family before he deployed - glad that you got at least a few "relaxing" days. ;-). You got some really great pictures of the kiddos. I am SO glad that Jessica and the girls are going to be near her family for a while while Alex is gone AND that Alex is going to get to come home for the baby's birth. I will keep their family in my prayers. The sacrifice is big. We are so grateful.

Katherine said...

I'm so glad you guys had such a nice time seeing Alex and his family. What special memories for you all especially the kids. I know they always have fun together, cousin time is so special. I love all the pics especially the one of Jackson shaving Alex's head. The look on Jackson's face is so focused and serious, too cute!

So glad that Jessica will be going to be close to family. She will definitely need their support when baby #3 arrives. What a cute family they are. San Antonio would be great when Alex gets back. Hope that works out for them. Keeping them in my prayers.

Tanna said...

Prayers for Alex and his sweet family... Their sacrifice keeps us free. My heart honors their gift.

Jackson and Emma remind me of Alex and his friend, Charlotte Anne. LOL! They would remind me of a little old couple sometimes, too. ;) blessings ~ tanna