Tuesday, September 11, 2012

First Day of Pre-K

Today was Jackson's first day of pre-k.  He is super excited to be a part of the wise owls class.  He knows 6 kids in his class from previous years.   He has been proudly carrying around the postcard his teachers sent him welcoming him to the class.  He even wanted to take it to show the dentist at his appointment this week.


His backpack is almost as big as him (on the left.)


Ryan kept telling me bye and trying to sit  in the chair.  He wanted to stay with his big brother.

Jackson's journal entry for today.  His favorite thing was the sand.  He loves that sandbox.  I end up emptying about 1/4 a cup of sand from his  shoes every time I pick him up from school.  And that is not an exaggeration.

3 comments:

Lauri said...

Sand in the shoes...I believe it!! I'm so glad he had a great first day, even though I'm finding it hard to digest that he's in Pre-K?! And how sweet is Ryan for wanting to stay with him! Love the pics!

Katherine said...

I'm so glad he is doing so well so far. Love that Ryan wanted to stay behind with big brother! Too cute!Luke is in the Owls class too. I look forward to seeing and hearing more about his year!

Amanda said...

I haven't been in blog land too much these days, and I have been missing out on all the goings on!

I hope Jackson always loves school the way he does this year. The wise owls - I LOVE that! The photo of Ryan trying to stay with Jackson was all too familiar for me. I know another little boy who wants to stay and play with his big brother so badly, too. ;-)

I'm so glad you got to go see Alex again before deployment. Looks like there was a lot of sweet cousin time.