Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Two Years Old!

Ryan turned two years old a few weeks ago.  I can't believe how fast he is growing up.  Here are his stats from his 2 year check up:

weight:  30 lbs, 14.5 oz (75-90%)
height:  35.5 inches (90%)

Looks like he is going to be bigger and taller than Jackson.  I am guessing God knew he would need to be bigger to be able to defend himself against his big brother.

Ryan has hit full toddler mode and wants to do everything by himself.  And I mean everything!   He is fond of pushing me and saying, "way" (away) to get me away from him. 

He and Jackson play really well together most of the time.  You can often find Ryan full on wrestling with Jackson.  And when I separate them Ryan is usually the first one to go back in for more.  Yikes! 

Ryan still eats a lot and sleeps well.  Though he has really started trying to pull all sorts of stalling tactics at nap and bed time.  He still loves his blankies and paci to sleep with and he will work very hard to sneak his blanket and paci out of his bed.  He comes out of his room with a huge grin on his face when he is successful. 

He loves to swim and play outside.  Watching mowers is still a favorite past time.  He is picking up so many new words and starting to put two words together.  He seems to be outgoing like his brother and wants to say hi and wave to everyone.  He sometimes cries if I drop him off at the gym or church but he is fine after I walk out.

I have a bunch of recent pictures to upload but I have been having trouble with blogger for about 2 weeks now.  Not sure what I'm doing wrong???

3 comments:

Lauri said...

I have trouble with Blogger sometimes about random things and it's annoying! Sorry about the pics not uploading because I sure would love to see some of your sweet boys!

It's so hard to believe your baby is 2!! I love how he plays so hard -- he is ALL boy just like Jackson! It was so great to see him last week. I can't believe how fast they're growing up!!

Tanna said...

LOL! I think Ryan and Roo share a lot of the same qualities. Sweet boys!! SO hard to believe two years have passed!!

Katherine said...

I love Ryan's developing personality. He's so stinkin' cute and such a fun little guy! He definitely isn't going to be left out of anything big brother is doing and definitely knows how to stand his ground! Love those little guys!