![]() |
| Christmas with Laine's family. |
| The grand kids. |
| We had a visit from Dad and the family and Ryan enjoyed getting some snuggles with grandpa. |
| The grand kids. |
| One of Jackson's Christmas presents was a doctor costume. Jackson performed some surgery on me with his sword. |
| And then Ryan needed a turn. |
| At playgroup Jackson had the chance to touch and hold lots of neat animals. This is a hissing cockroach. |
| Ryan touching a snake. |
| Lizard! |
| Jackson and Ryan watching a movie with his buddies, Colton and Caden. |
| One of the things we love about the new house is the close access to the woods and a little creek. The boys love loading up the bike with horse apples and throwing them into the creek. |
| Very dirty but lots of fun! |
Jackson:
- Really starting to enjoy talking about what letter words start with, recognizes several sight words and likes to point them out, loves drawing and coloring
- In the fall he was struggling at school with keeping his hands and feet to himself and a few other things but he has improved SO much. His teachers are so proud of his progress and so are we.
- This boy still really loves to snuggle. We always snuggle before bed and I love our conversations. He has assured me that he is still going to hug and kiss me when he's older.
- He still has several shows he enjoys and likes to play games on the iPhone.
- He is really wanting to be independent these days. Many mornings he likes to make his bed, get dressed, and brush teeth on his own. Today he was completely dressed when I went upstairs. When I picked him up from school I realized his shirt was on backwards.
- He still gets frustrated and melts down easily, especially when Ryan messes with his stuff or something he is working on. But we are starting to see some improvement in this area.
- He actually seems to be getting a little less "wild" and might be gaining some control over his active little body. Knock on wood!
- Still LOVES to wrestle at night with Daddy.
- Playing well with Ryan, when Ryan doesn't knock things over.
- Loves the sandbox and playing outside.
Ryan:
- He loves ChapStick! I have to keep it hidden or it is gutted and smeared everywhere in minutes.
- Still loves his blankies and doesn't sleep without them. He is completely paci free! It was a painful process but we are done with them!
- Talks all the time. He sounds very robotic right now which makes us laugh but he can definitely get his point across.
- He is still a big boy and can just about wear Jackson's clothes. He weighs about 4-5 lbs less than Jackson.
- He has such a goofy personality. He makes everybody laugh. With his big belly and silly laugh you just can't help but love being around him. Laine says he laughs like a Frenchman.
- Also loves to wrestle with Daddy.
- Loves the sandbox and being outside too.
- This boy is into everything! You cannot take your eyes off of him. We often find him sitting in one of the sinks with soap everywhere. He recently squirted out an entire tube of toothpaste. Jackson was just the same and I can happily say he has grown out of this stage (for the most part.)
- He really wants to do what Jackson does (color, build a train track, do a craft, help cook, etc.) but he pretty much destroys whatever is in his path so this is almost impossible. I know he will grow out of it just like Jackson has but it is hard to do anything with Jackson without Ryan making it quite diffficult.
These guys keep us very busy but we really do have tons of fun. My greatest hope is that they are best buds one day. I try every day to foster their love for each other.

4 comments:
Oh, Dana. I know your life is sooo busy keeping up with these precious little guys. They are just too cute!! I can't believe all the critters they touched!!! Yikes. And, a hissing cockroach! =/
They are lucky young men to have you for their mom. May the love toward each other you are working to foster bind them for a lifetime. blessings ~ tanna
knitting lessons... yours anytime. ;)
I feel like I say this all the time, but I believe with all my heart that God knew exactly what He was doing when He gave you those 2 active, fun-loving, rambunctious boys!! I love how you encourage their curiosity with trips to the woods and opportunities to hold icky bugs (haha). I really enjoyed reading about their recent developments -- sounds like they are both growing/progressing so much!!
Yes, indeed, they are lucky to have you for their mom! All the kids are growing in leaps and bounds – I can't believe how big they're getting to be. Brooks and Kaylee, especially. They look almost grown. How does time pass so quickly? Oh, and the snakes and bugs? **sends shivers down my spine**
Post a Comment