Thursday, April 25, 2013

Easter, Jackson's 5th Birthday, Playing in the Dirt, and Mother Son Date Knight

March and April have been very busy at our house.  Lots of fun things going on. 


We celebrated Dada's birthday and Easter with Laine's family on the Saturday before Easter. 
Easter egg hunt at Dada and G's house.

Hanging out with Brooks
 
 The boys love their cousins!
On Easter Sunday the boys hunted eggs and then we went to church to celebrate our risen Savior!
Easter morning at our house started a little bumpy but turned out to be a great day!



Now for a few random pictures...
I made a big tub of rice and beans for the boys to play in with their cars and construction equipment.  The rabbits were quite interested in it after it was left out in the rain. 

Water and dirt, the perfect combo for these guys.

Pretty typical of how Jackson looks.  My poor washing machine.

Looks like very few hand me downs for Ryan from Jackson.  I think he has one pair of pants with no hole in them after this winter. 

The boys love taking their equipment down the road to the wooded area and will play pretty well in the dirt for a good chunk of time.  
 
Stopping to play in dirt while on a walk.  To be honest there is no such thing as taking a walk (as in getting exercise) with this guy.  He HAS to stop at all water, dirt, ant piles, or anything else that looks interesting.)


Jackson turns FIVE!
Jackson had his birthday party at an indoor play place called The Ark.

He had a Spiderman themed party.

 
Happy birthday, Jackson!


Ryan had a recent trip to the dentist and did great.  No new news there.  He still has some crazy teeth after his fall but they seem to be healthy. 
 
 
Our Chic Fil A had a Mother Son Date Knight event so I decided to take my big boy on a date!  It was really fun and I love how Chic Fil A promotes strong family relationships.  They had discussion topics on the table and a family shield we made and suggestions on ways moms can spend time with their boys.



For dessert Jackson didn't care where we went.  His only request was that he not have to have a kids size ice cream.  Needless to say, he did not finish and had a tummy ache after our date.
 
I really cannot believe that boy is five.  I love spending one on one time with him.  He really has such a neat personality and sweet heart.  He is so curious about how things work and asks about 365 questions a day.  He can still be quite destructive.  I am amazed every day at Jackson and Ryan's ability to break things.  They both have an obsession with smashing, throwing, twisting, turning, and pulling things apart. 
 
Raising this sweet boy has brought me so much closer to God.  It has mostly been in ways I never expected but I am SO thankful that God knew just what he was doing when he blessed us with him!

No comments: