2008 - 37 posts
2009 - 72 posts
2010 - 81 posts
2011 - 49 posts
2012 - 17 posts
2013 - about 1 post per month so far
- We are in the midst of potty training Ryan. It's going pretty well. We've had lots of accidents but also a lot of successes.
- He loves water...bath tub, puddles, swimming pool, sprinklers, etc.
- Loves being outside and going to the park. Loves dirt just like his big brother.
- He has a very specific night time routine with specific songs that we do each night. Don't even think of veering off the routine. He will not have it. He also asks every night what we are doing the next day.
- He prays the most precious and detailed prayers. I love to hear him pray.
- He loves to wrestle and horse play with Jackson and Daddy.
- I would definitely say that the paybacks from his baby/toddler days are in full swing. Sometimes Jackson will come running in trying to get away from Ryan. That boy can definitely hold his own against his big brother and can sometimes be even more aggressive.
- He loves going to church, the nursery, his Bible class and our small group. It is so cute to see him in his little class learning with his friends.
- He can wear the same clothes as Jackson. Jackson has always been on the small side and Ryan on the big side so they kind of meet right in the middle.
- The only time he sits still enough for us to read to him is right before bed. Other than that, he has too many things to do.
- Sometimes Ryan will walk up to me wherever I am and ask me to come snuggle with him on the couch. Of course you can't say no to that!
- One thing we want to remember about Ryan is how he asks certain questions. He says, "where daddy is? Where mommy is? What's this is? What that noise is?
- He pretty much talks non stop these days and I love to hear his little voice and the way he says things. He says y for l and it's precious. One thing I hear a lot these days, "I don't 'yike' to go potty."
And to end with some pictures...what do you do when you are at the park and the sprinkler suddenly goes crazy? You run in and get soaking wet before your mom even realizes what is going on! So then I just went with it and let them have their fun. They LOVED it.
1 comment:
Oh, sweet Ryan!! I smiled so big reading those updates. It cracks me up to imagine Jackson running from him, but I can definitely see why! And his constant chatter cracks me up. I simply ADORE the sayings of young talkers like Ryan. I still can't bear to correct Kaitlynn when she says "slip" instead of "zip" or "kitchen" instead of "chicken". And Connor used to say "What are do?" to ask us what we were doing, and we still use that phrase around here all the time! So I may have to incorporate Ryan's phrase "What's this is?" into my conversations now. :-)
So thankful the potty training is going well. That is my most dreadest task I think as a parent of young kids. I definitly don't yike it either. Haha
Post a Comment