Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Jackson's 6th Birthday

Jackson turned 6 this month.  I still can't believe I have a 6 year old!  And I can't believe he's going to Kindergarten next year.  Lots of fun ahead for us.

We had a small Lego birthday party for Jackson with a few of his close friends.

I made cookies with miniature Lego candies on top and a chocolate chip cookie cake.  Both were delicious!

Jackson made the plate holder and utensil/napkin holder out of Legos.  

The kids made targets out of Legos and then used Nerf guns to knock them over.




After pizza we had cake and cookies.

Jackson looked so nervous when we sang to him.  As he always does when he's nervous, he twirled his hair.



After cake and cookies each of the boys worked on putting together a small Lego kit we got them.



A family picture after the party was over.  

Things I want to remember about Jackson as a 6 year old:

  • He is still super into Legos.  He can spend hours each day creating and enjoying them.  
  • He is taking Tae Kwon Do and swimming lessons right now and doing well with both.
  • He is a beginning reader and seems to catch on to math concepts pretty quickly.
  • He is learning and retaining a lot about the Bible.  I love seeing him make connections.
  • He is still so very curious and asks a LOT of questions every day.
  • We are reading the Little House on the Prairie books right now.  He enjoys having them read to him.
  • He is still a great sleeper and stays in his room when he wakes up in the morning until his clock says 7:15.  He usually gets up about 6:45 and then plays with his Legos or colors until time to come downstairs.
  • Jackson has recently become a pretty good eater.  He will eat a lot of different vegetables and is much more open to trying new things these days.
  • He has a great imagination and he and Ryan play pretty well together (most of the time.)
  • He has a sweet heart and I love tucking him in at night and talking and praying with him.

1 comment:

Lauri said...

Loved this update! That Lego party looked so fun, and so perfect for Jackson! I love the hair-twirling; it makes me wonder if he'll continue doing that as an adult. :-) So hard to believe he is 6. Crazy!