Jackson has basically had an ear infection on and off since the beginning of December. It flared up again last week. Because he's already taken several kinds of antibiotics, they gave him antibiotic shots. We went Tuesday afternoon for the first shot. We went back Wednesday afternoon to have the ears checked and they were still infected so he got a second shot. We went back on Thursday and they were still not clear so he got a third and final shot. We'll go back in two weeks for a check - unless he shows signs of another infection before then. If he gets another infection our doctor will send us to an ENT. Needless to say, it was a long week. We are just hoping we can make it through this week with no illness! It starts to get a little depressing and isolating when you have a child that is constantly sick.
Here are some pictures we were able to get on some of the good days:
A visit to the park...
Luckily, we were able to make it to Luke's 1st birthday party in between illnesses.



We also got a visit from Aunt Courtney
5 comments:
Bless all of your hearts. Being a parent is the hardest job you will ever have... it is also the most rewarding. I hope Jackson continues to improve and you and Laine get some rest. I remember being exhausted in times like this!
Oh Dana, I so feel your pain on this one. We had to resort to the shots as well and when it never helped, it's heartbreaking. I understand the isolation feeling all too well. I'm so sorry and wouldn't wish this on any other Mom!!
So sorry to hear about the incessant infections. You know we have been there, done that. March/April is just around the corner when those infections usually go away (although not in our case unfortunately)! Hang in there!
the pic at the park is great. loved the "babies on the couch" pic as well. unfortunately, I can't relate to the ear infection story....i just hope little Jack will be ok!!
Poor little Jackson - and poor you and Laine! I'm saying prayers that he'll stay well. Miss you guys!
Post a Comment