Monday, August 17, 2009

First Day of School

I'm very happy to report that Jackson's first day of school went great! He didn't cry when we took him this morning - probably because I packed him a Cinnabon breakfast bar and his favorite yogurt for breakfast. I knew that would make him happy. I called at lunch time and his teacher said he was doing great and hadn't cried once. Laine picked him up this afternoon and got a great report. No tears today and....he slept 1 1/2 hours!!! I am so happy at how well his first day turned out. I really like his teachers. We'll just pray that he continues to be a happy boy at school.

Dropping Jackson off this morning - he looks a little concerned in this picture. This was before breakfast. :-)



This weekend we had the Webb's and Ward's over for dinner. The kids had a great time playing together. It's always fun to get together with my high school friends!


5 comments:

Tanna said...

Great job of knowing the perfect distraction, Dana! I'm sure if I had a Cinnabon waiting for me, I would be happy to go to school, too! LOL! Sounds like Jackson had a great first day! I am happy for all of you!

Katherine said...

What a big boy Jackson is, not even crying. I know that is so comforting to you. I'm so glad the first day back went so well for both of you! Good luck this week and especially next Monday! Love you!

Amanda said...

I absolutely love the fact that you packed Jackson his favorite "comfort food" for his first day at school. Just one of the MANY things that makes you a great mom. Love you!

Courtney said...

Yes.....we like our comfort foods.....

Lauri said...

Yay, Jackson! I'm so glad it went so great because I knew you were concerned about having him back in school. Hopefully the rest of the week went just as great as the first day. You are going to be amazed at how fast he starts picking up new "tricks" now that he's in the toddler class. I can't wait to hear all about it!