He continues to amaze me with all of his new words and things he recognizes in books. He can point to: balloon, ball, pizza (should I be embarrassed about this?), about 10 different animals, sun, car, truck, airplane, flowers, body parts, and lots of other stuff!
He is starting to say a lot of new words too Here are some of the new ones: pizza, thank you, water, go, walk
He wants to take whatever he is playing with before bedtime into the crib with him. Last night it was a ball and tonight it was a puppy. He is letting me rock him again so I sing a few songs and put him in the crib. He holds onto whatever he has in his hand. I LOVE that special time when he puts his sweet little head on my shoulder.
He's still sleeping about 12 hours a night and 1 1/2 - 2 hours at nap time.
He's getting very good at the spoon and fork. He does NOT want you to help him. Don't even think about it!
I've been trying to get a good picture for our Christmas card but it's about impossible to get him to look at the camera. Out of 100 or so pictures, he'll be looking at you in one or two and then it's a miracle if he's smiling!
A few recent pictures.
He enjoys looking under things to find Grayson.
We've had many busted lips recently. He runs so fast and falls all the time.
5 comments:
Sweet, sweet boy, that Jackson. I'm impressed with all of his words! And poor little lip. I guess it's better than him hitting his head when he falls. It's sooo hard getting them to slow down and they just still don't have the coordination to run with ease! But what fun! I totally understand about the smiling for pictures. Soooo hard at this age!
Ooops, the above post was mine!
Jackson is a doll. He must rest so well because he is such a bundle of energy when he is up. Dana, I can still remember how sweet that time is when they lay their little head on your shoulder... One of the best things in life. =)
I love the picture of him looking for Grayson and the one of him pointing out pictures to Dad. I can't wait to have a sweet head on my shoulder!!
What great pictures! I can't wait to hear all of those big boy words when we finally get to see him again in December! 19 months - WOW!!!
Post a Comment