My sweet baby boy is just about 21 months old. Oh my goodness, he just continues to get more fun every day. I absolutely LOVE this little guy. I hope I can hug and kiss on him forever. Do you think he will let me love on him when he's 15? I cannot imagine our house without him. He keeps us so busy! Here's what he's been up to:
- He now has 8 teeth.
- He's being very picky about food right now. For example, he ate some cream of chicken soup the other day and there are those tiny little pieces of chicken - he will spit those out. He absolutely does not like meat unless it is a corn dog or Chic-Fil-A nugget. He is also being picky about fruits and vegetables. :-( He still loves his milk, yogurt, and all things carb.
- He still loves books and being read to.
- He's getting good at puzzles and putting things together.
- Loves to go outside and loves being pushed on his new tricycle.
- He is copying things we are doing all the time. Today he got the little trash cans from the bathrooms and tried to dump them in the big trash can in the kitchen like Laine does before trash day.
- He's throwing some nice little tantrums when things don't work quite like he believes they should.
- The biggest change over the last month or so has been with his talking. He is picking up new words every day. We are amazed at how much he has picked up recently. He says: sit, baby, go, kitty cat, shoe, sock, please, thank you, bus, big truck, school, trash, snack,banana, bike, mitten, hat, hot, cold, bye, play, mama, dada, pat pat, milk, water, bubble, bath, ball, sheep, duck, feet, eat, pizza, lips, nose, and more that I cannot think of at the moment. He's also talking to himself a lot and saying several "words" in a row that we can't understand. It's been so much fun to watch him blossom!
- We've been reading our Bible every night and he says "pat pat" and baby each time we get it out. He says "pat pat" because there is a song he sings in Bible class that says pat pat and he says baby because there's a little dedication in his Bible from the elders at our church and there is a picture of a baby on the card. He hasn't torn any pages yet. Yea!
- Every night he has to take his sheep or some other animal and several books to bed with him. Often he takes a hat too. It's so funny to me that he remembers to grab a few things each night.
- He's starting to point to his diaper and say "tee tee."
- He wrestles with daddy every night after dinner before he takes his bath. Jackson will start to growl or make a loud shrieking sound and Laine knows it's time. I'm just hoping he doesn't try his moves out at school. I think this is why he sleeps so well at night.
- He loves to wear his jacket, mittens, and hat. The other day he threw a huge fit when we tried to take the hat off at church so we just let him wear it.
I guess that's it for now. We thank God every day for allowing us to raise this little guy.
5 comments:
I know God must smile when He sees how loved His little angel, Jackson is with you and Laine. It is wonderful to be so loved. =)
Congrats on the Bible story reading! I know someone else is hearing those, too. =)
I LOVE the picture of Jackson in the bathroom drawer...with all the drawer contents strewn about! Too funny!
It is so obvious by the way you talk about Jackson how much he is loved and adored! And I think it's such a great idea to read him Bible stories at night.
Oh, and all the talking...it reaches lightning speed right about now...he'll be speaking full sentences in no time!
Let's talk about the food situation for just a minute. I'm thinking that he may be getting some of that from his momma. I'm just saying - maybe he picks out the chicken from the soup because he doesn't like the texture. =)
He really is growing up isn't he? He seems to know exactly what he likes - no indecisiveness with this one. My favorite story is about the wrestling after dinner. Once again, I'd like to make a request for a video... =) Love you.
I love, love, love how much you and Laine enjoy your little guy! He is lucky to have such loving, doting parents that would do anything in world for him. Especially after seeing him last night, he really is getting so BIG and doing so much! It's so exciting to see their world open up and expand so much as they approach 2! I know the eating thing can be stressful but it is SO normal at his age to go through picky stages. He'll come back around. You are a wonderful mommy and I love sharing motherhood with you!
Those pictures made me chuckle! You're not joking about him keeping you busy. So fun though!
Post a Comment