Saturday, February 20, 2010

The Sweetest Little Moments

Last night Jackson woke up in the middle of the night screaming. I went in there and he immediately stopped crying, picked up his box of books (which he HAD to take to bed with him last night) and said, "rock, rock." I tried to get him to put the box down but he wouldn't. I picked him up, with the box of books, and took him to the rocker. He put his head on my shoulder and said, "pat, pat" (this is what he calls the song he always wants me to sing him.) I whispered pat, pat and he was immediately asleep, box of books in hand. Instead of putting him back in bed, I rocked him for a little bit, soaking up his smell and the sound of his breathing. I love these moments when he's snuggled up to me, being my sweet baby boy. I am trying to remember these moments because I know it won't be long before he is a stinky 14 year old boy that wants nothing to do with his mother!




On a side note, we have been letting Jackson pick out his PJ's at night. I set them out and he picks out a pair. Last night, he picked out this pair and said, "Luke, Luke." These PJ's were hand me downs from his friend, Luke. How did Jackson know that? Does he remember seeing Luke in these PJ's or does he remember me saying they are from Luke? It's crazy the things he knows! Laine got him out of bed this morning and said he looked down at his PJ's and said, "Luke!"

5 comments:

Lauri said...

Soooooo sweet! You are so right to soak in those moments with your sweet baby boy. It just goes by way too fast, doesn't it? I still have many moments like that with Connor, and he tells me all the time that he will always be Mommy's baby. If only!!

Amanda said...

Big crocodile tears welling up in my eyes. That's the good stuff, isn't it? Your baby crying out to you and wanting the comforts of your love, your rocking him, and your singing to him. That makes the challenging moments disappear. At least momentarily. =) I'm glad you took advantage of a few extra snuggly moments.

Katherine said...

OMG, tears here too! What a sweet story. I'm so glad you took a moment to cherish that sweet time. There is nothing sweeter than being able to comfort your sweet baby. Especially in the middle of the night. And too funny that he had to take that huge box of books to bed with him. So cute!

I'm glad we could contribute to both stories tonight, the box of books and the PJ's. :) Soooo cute that Jackson remembered those used to be Luke's. They don't miss a thing, do they.

Tanna said...

Ditto on the tears... you will always remember... and you will always long for those moments... if you are very blessed, you will have new sweet, sweet moments with your grandchild... they don't call them grand for nothin'... =)

Courtney said...

I am listening to your advice and treasuring every moment