Wednesday, April 21, 2010

I Knew It Was Only A Matter of Time...

Last night, about 20 minutes after we put Jackson to bed, we heard him screaming over the monitor. When we went into his room to check on him, we discovered that he climbed out of his crib and was on the floor crying. One of his cars had fallen though the slats and he was trying to get to it. I'm pretty sure he used the two boxes of books that he loves to sleep with to climb on top of to get out of the crib. Usually when he drops his cars he fusses until one of us comes in to give it back to him. I guess last night he took matters into his own hands. So, tonight when we put him to bed we took the books and some of the toys out of the crib and only left stuffed animals.



Completely unrelated, here's Jackson in mommy's shoes. Nice legs, huh?






And here he is building during bath time.




Have a great evening!

4 comments:

Lauri said...

Oh my goodness, that is so funny!! I'm sure it's quite shocking to go into Jackson's room and see him outside of his crib like that. That never happened to us (yet) but it would probably freak me out. I've always heard that once they start climbing out of their cribs, it's time for the big boy bed! Yikes!

Amanda said...

Wow! Were you freaked out? Poor little guy. You've got to hand it to him - he's quite the dare devil. He won't let anything stand in the way of his adventures! Hopefully some of that will be curbed by the time he becomes a teenager!

Katherine said...

Oh girl, we were just talking about that. I'm assuming he didn't hurt himself too bad or you would have mentioned it. Poor guy! This might solve your questions as to if he is going to be ready for a big boy bed when baby #2 arrives. Could be good timing! Good call on taking some of those toys out of there that he apparently used as a stepping stone to crawl out. I'm sure he wasn't too happy about that. I love how focued he is on his stacking blocks in the bath tub. Sweet boy!

Tanna said...

Signs of an industrious and problem solving mind!! Along with a fearless little spirit! LOL! I am sure that was a bit scary finding him out of his crib. Yep, I'm thinkin' it won't be long until he's ready for the big boy bed.