Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Another Weekend With Family

We were able to spend another weekend with Alex and his family before they head back north. I really wish they were closer so we could spend more time with them. I wish Jackson could play with Emma more often. They were very funny together. Both of them have pretty strong personalities so there was a little conflict from time to time. :-) Neither wanted to back down when it came to sharing some toys.

They enjoyed swimming in the lake. Jackson was holding on to Daddy for dear life but he did get in.



Poor Laine had to do it all by himself. I'm not a huge fan of lake water... especially being 7 weeks away from giving birth!



Jackson wearing Emma's backpack.




Uncle Mark and cousin Alex.




More swimming.




About to go on a boat ride....wait...is that thunder we hear? Yep, no boat ride for now. :-(




Getting cleaned up.




Grandpa and Grandma took everyone to Medieval Times to celebrate several July birthdays. We really had no idea how Jackson would do since he cannot sit still to save his life. But we thought he might enjoy the horses and action. Wow, did he ever. I have NEVER seen this child sit so still for so long. He watched like this for over an hour and a half. Laine and I were more in awe of that than the actual show! Jackson LOVED every second of it. Of course he only ate a piece of bread because he was so focused.




Here is a picture of the group at Mom's house.



Jackson spent a lot of time watching and trying to play with the dogs. He loves them.



We are so thankful for the time we had to spend together. I would really like for Jackson to be close to his cousins so hopefully we can get together more often!

4 comments:

Lauri said...

Oh, what fun!! I am so glad you really got to soak in time together while Alex was home. The lake looks like so much fun! Your family pic is too sweet and you are looking so great! I'm sure the heat isn't much fun being so pregnant (I remember from last summer!) but you are so close!

Too cute that Jackson was mesmerized by the Medieval Times show. I wonder if he would be the same at a movie or kid's show? We are going back to Wiggles in August!

Amanda said...

It's hard to believe that Medieval Times held Jackson's attention for so long - glad you have the pictures to prove it. Ha!

You are looking great - just a few more weeks till the end. Woohoo!

Katherine said...

What a fun weekend for your family. I bet your mom and dad loved having all you guys together. And I LOVE the group picture of all of you. What a special memory since you guys aren't able to get together often.

And too fun that Jackson liked the Medieval Times show, I had a feeling he would like all that action!

Tanna said...

Wonderful family times and memories! I, too, hope you are able to get together often with your family... cousins enjoy each other so much!