Monday, July 5, 2010

Lots to Celebrate

We had a very busy weekend visiting family and friends. We finally got to visit with Uncle Alex, Aunt Jessica, and cousin Emma. We haven't seen Emma since she was 9 months old! That is WAY too long!!! Jackson and Emma enjoyed playing at the new park near Mumsey's house.



Could she be any stinkin' cuter?










We also had the opportunity to visit with very special friends. Amanda's dad put together a great fish fry to celebrate the 4th of July since Amanda and her family were in town. We really enjoyed it! Lots of yummy food and a special boat ride to watch the fireworks. This was Jackson's first time to watch fireworks and he really enjoyed it. We sure did miss you, Lauri! :-(





And we had great company too with Katherine and Jacob and...


the Correa family.


Sunday morning we drove to Dad's and went to church with them. We enjoyed a great fourth of July service. The preacher talked about patriotism and the sacrifice men and women have made for us. But the most important part of the message was on the sacrifice that Jesus Christ made for each of us so the we may have eternal life if we choose. I really enjoyed it. Jackson did great and even went up for the children's message and played with the other kids during the service. After church we went to the Veteran's Memorial. I've never remembered my camera when visiting before so we took advantage of having it and took some pictures. My dad put a lot of heart and soul into the memorial's creation and continues to help with it's upkeep. It is a very special place for him.


The family bench.





Dad is working on getting bricks for the grandkids.


And of course Jackson had a blast running around creating all sorts of trouble!



I hope each of you had a very special holiday weekend as well. Stay tuned for more pictures soon. We will be visiting with the family again this weekend. We have to take advantage of Uncle Alex and his family being so close!!!

4 comments:

Katherine said...

That Emma is CUTE! Those eyes and that curly hair! So glad you guys got to see them after so long. And how cool that your family has such a presence at the Veteran's Memorial. I bet that means a lot to your Dad!

Lauri said...

You DO have lots to celebrate! I never knew about the Dierkes bench -- so, so neat. What a special tribute to your family and I can understand why it means so much to your Dad.

And, oh my, I just couldn't believe the photos of Emma. She is just gorgeous! She will be a heartbreaker for sure! You tell Alex and Jessica that they make beautiful babies so get busy and make some more, ha ha!

I missed you guys so much, too. I hate that it's so hard to get together. I thought it would get easier once I wasn't working, but having 2 kids makes everything harder instead!

Amanda said...

I love the picture of Jackson and Emma holding hands. Now that is just too cute.

I teared up at the part about the war memorial and seeing the Dierkes bench. Your family has sacrificed a lot. It's nice to see a tribute to them.

Thank you guys for making the trip out to the lake. We sure did love having a little bit more time with you. Love you!

Tanna said...

Too much for me to remember to say all I want to say! Emma is TOO CUTE! Precious! It was wonderful to get to see ya'll! Loved getting to hear the "sad sad" for real instead of only in my imagination! LOL! Your Dad's bench makes me cry. I love that your family holds our soldiers so dear... your family has honored us with their service. God Bless America and her soldiers past and present. I love that the next generation is learning that love and honor and respect, too.