Monday, October 18, 2010

Two Month Check Up

Ryan had his two month check up today. Here are his stats: 14 lbs, 6 oz (97th %) and 23.3 inches (75th %). Lauri - you'll have to leave a comment and let me know how that compares to Connor at that age. :-) Dr. G said that a 14 pounder should be able to sleep through the night or at least only need to eat once. So, we may have to do some tough love around here pretty soon. It should help everyone's sanity! I think Ryan is just waking up because of his cold. Poor little guy! Makes me not want to take him out of the house at all but that's just not possible. I am not going to survive this winter if he has a non-stop cold and doesn't sleep at night! Other than the cold, he's doing great. I still cannot get over the fact that he's so big. Jackson was always small to average and wore clothes on the small side. Ryan is wearing everything much bigger.

This weekend we spent some time at G and Dada's house. Dada hurt his knee so Jackson wanted to take him a Band-Aid.



Daddy and Ryan in matching UT outfits for the game.


Smiles


Mommy and Ryan took a nap during the game.


Cousins


Ryan really took to his sweet cousin, Kaley. He let her hold him for a long time.


And Brooks was able to get a smile out of him.



Yesterday we had a very close call... It was quiet and Laine said, "where's Jackson." We knew immediately some kind of mischief was going on. We found him in our closet with 6 - 8 large permanent markers on the floor. All with lids off. What could have been a disaster wasn't too bad. He marked all over my clear storage bin (where I keep extra office-type supplies) and his hands. Nothing else. I still can't believe he didn't color the walls or the floors or even my shoes.



Lesson learned...put the permanent markers somewhere higher! Duh!

4 comments:

Katherine said...

So glad Ryan got a good check up. He's a healthy boy! I love the picture of him sleeping on you- love those cuddles! And btw, I'm really liking your hair color! :)

And Kaley is looking so much older to me. So glad that Jack and Ryan have such good role models in their cousins. That is very special.

Lauri said...

Dana, I am just LOVING the precious Ryan pics! He is so chunky, I just want to eat him UP!! He is sure loving his mama's milk, huh?!

OK, drum roll....At 2 months Connor weighed 16 lbs 12 oz and was 24 inches long. So I guess Connor still is the fattest baby I've ever known, but maybe Ryan is a close second, haha!

I'm sorry to hear you are having rough nights. I SO want to talk to you about it because I went through that with both of mine. Connor was easy to "train" - only took 3 nights like they always say. K was totally different. Took me weeks and weeks. I have a feeling Ryan will be easy, but yes, tough love is involved. Hang in there and I'm going to be calling you soon to catch up!!

Amanda said...

I sure loved getting to hold that sweet baby boy. And those smiles are even more precious in person than in the pics - and the pics are pretty darn cute. =)

Tanna said...

Ahhhh... that little smile!! Melts your heart.

I love the photo of Jackson band-aiding your Dad's knee!! SWEET!

And, the permanent markers, whew! That was a close one! LOL!

So glad to see you and Ryan. I am sad I didn't get to hold him though!! Next time. =)