Friday, January 21, 2011

Potty Training Update

Today Jackson earned his Mack truck. He has been going #1 on the potty with very few accidents but #2 has been a different story. He has really resisted going in the potty. Just about every day this week he has gone in his underwear. Finally, today he went in the potty. I have no doubt that he did it just to get Mack but hopefully that will help him realize that it's not scary or hard to go on the potty. Today was a completely accident free day! Yea!!!!!! Now that all the "prizes" are gone I am really hoping he can keep it up but I won't be surprised at all if we have some backsliding. I've heard for most boys it's a long process so I am going to keep that in mind as we go forward.  We are just really excited at how far he has come in a week.



He played with the truck ALL day.  It's so sweet to watch him load and unload the cars and lay on the floor driving Mack around.  I love watching him play with his Hot Wheels.  It's like each one is a special treasure to him.  I often wonder what he's thinking/imagining when he's pushing them around.  Of course, half the time he's crashing them into each and into things and being very loud.  I often hear him saying, "Dinoco is all mine!"  (If you have boys, you know the reference.)  His imagination is definitely taking off these days. 

He's so curious about the cars and all of their parts.  He regularly asks me, "what's this called?"  Of course I have NO idea what any of the parts are called so I send him to ask daddy or sometimes we call him at work and describe the part to him.  He is always able to answer Jackson's questions.  I think he and his daddy will have lots of fun talking cars one day.

I'm so thankful for this sweet boy!

4 comments:

Lauri said...

Yay Jackson!!!! I'm so glad you posted an update because I've been wondering! It sounds like you are well on your way, hallelujah! Great job, Jackson, and keep up the awesome work!!

Katherine said...

Yea for Jackson and Yea for Mommy! He has done so good! And he earned all of his rewards so quickly. I love seeing him play with all his new cars. And Mack, Luke got it for Christmas and loves it too. He will just lay on the floor and push it around. It is fun to watch them and imagine it all in their little world! Kuddos to you both!

Tanna said...

Yea for Jackson!! Good job to BOTH of you, Dana!! I can see some Mack experiences in out future, too!

Amanda said...

Yea Jackson!! What great progress in just a week's time! And yea to you, too, Mommy. I know it takes lots of patience. I will be calling for encouragement when our time comes. =)