Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Six Months

My sweet Ryan is 6 months old!!!  He is seriously the sweetest little guy I've ever met!  He had his six month appointment today.  Here are his stats:  19 lbs, 8 oz (85th %) and 27 inches (80th %).  He's has slimmed up a bit.  :-)

Here's what he's doing these days:

Most days he takes a morning, afternoon, and late afternoon nap. Sometimes he takes longer naps and only ends up with two. He's at an age where disruptions (like church and Tuesday morning class) really mess his day up. I try to keep disruptions to a minimum now so that he will sleep better.

He watches Jackson ALL the time. When I look back in the car he always has his head turned to watch Jackson. It's really sweet.

He started cereal on Saturday.  He ate it like a champ and seemed to really love it.  Firsts with Ryan are MUCH easier than with Jackson.  If you remember, Jackson cried the first time we tried cereal with him.

He is definitely not the good night sleeper that Jackson was/is. We are still working on this but it is improving since he doesn't have a cold at the moment.

He is grabbing for everything and putting stuff in his mouth.

He has only rolled over once. He does tummy time just about every day but has only rolled over that one time.

SPIT UP - what is it with my kids???? Ryan goes through 5-7 outfits a day. If we are good at remembering to use bibs he might go through 2-4 outfits and 3-5 bibs. This seems excessive to me but it's all I've ever known since Jackson was always wet from spit up too.  Jackson spit up consistently until he started walking. I'm afraid it will probably be the same with Ryan.

Smiles, smiles, smiles. I think he kind of flirts with girls. At Ladies Bible Class he was just staring at one of the ladies and smiling so big, batting his eyelashes. Over and over again. He is definitely a charmer.

Ryan does not like to be rocked like the traditional child. He only likes it if he's lying sideways with his head in the crook of your arm. When you try to rock him with his head on your shoulder he just stiffens up and his head bobs around. Makes me kind of sad but we have managed to find a form of rocking that seems to make him happy. Before naps I put his paci in and sing him songs and he just reaches up and touches my face and smiles.   My favorite part of the day with him.

Ryan is wearing size FOUR diapers already.  Geesh!  He wears size five diapers to bed.  Jackson pretty much wore size four until we started potty training him.

He still has grey blue eyes. They are so big and round and just perfect.

He smiles SO big when you go to get him out of the crib after naps and in the morning. He gets so excited.

We are so grateful for this little guy.  He is the perfect addition to our family!




First taste of cereal.  Mmmm mmmm!  I think he ate his fingers more than the cereal!




Here's a look back at Jackson trying cereal for the first time.  I'm still amazed at just how different they are! 

5 comments:

Lauri said...

I'm having a hard time understanding how Ryan can be 6 months already??? That is just the perfect age/stage for babies, I think. I love seeing his stats and hearing all about his new tricks. He is SO precious!! And I can't relate to the spit-up but I can't imagine all that laundry! Your washing machine must be working overtime!!

Tanna said...

He is a cute little bugger!! Cute as can be! AND sweet on top of that. Hard combination to beat. Can hardly believe that he is six months already. Time flies.

Katherine said...

Precious boy! Sweet little face he has. Glad he got a good check up. He's even bigger than Sarah, too funny. So glad he liked his cereal and is so easy going for you. You deserve an easy baby! :-)

Amanda said...

Um, one word. PRECIOUS! He's just as cute as a bug in a rug. Those little smiles are the best. I know you must be soaking it all in. Wish I were there to come over for a play date. I miss you. =)

Varner said...

He is just precious...what a sweet boy you have! Jack is also in size four diapers, but we use nighttime diapers and they really help! I hope our boys get to know each other soon...I guess it would help if we came to small group more and if Jack wasn't sick all of the time!