Sunday, April 10, 2011

Birthday Fun & Other Stuff

Ryan sure does love being entertained by his big brother.  Jackson is wearing his welding mask and takes a break to make Ryan laugh.




Jackson enjoys putting his little brother in the tent.


Jackson INSISTS on brushing his teeth all by himself.  From turning on the water to doing the toothpaste to cleaning up.  It takes us about 10 minutes to brush his teeth each night when he is in charge.  His stool is not quite high enough to allow him to reach the water so this is how he does it ALL BY HIMSELF!


We had a nice trip to the Arboretum the other day.  Ryan and Makena chill in the stroller.

Jackson and Karl Mikal take a look at the fish.

Ryan LOVES his big brother.



 We had Aunt Courtney and cousin Alex for a visit last week.  Alex and Jackson enjoyed lots of play time in the mud thanks to our unfinished back yard. 


We enjoyed a nice birthday celebration at the park.  I made Jackson Tow-Mater and Lightening McQueen cupcakes. 

Lots of special friends came to celebrate with us.

Angie, Presley, and Alex

Brooks and Jackson

Makena and Don

Lukie, Katherine, and Sarah

Jackson enjoyed eating pizza next to his friend Colton.


 Baby Brooklyn and Tianay joined us too.

And of course G and Dada were there.


Unfortunately it was VERY windy and we were unable to light the candles.  Laine bought special Cars balloons for Jackson's celebration.  Laine got to the pavilion a little early to set up and by the time we arrived the balloons had already blown away.  That was kind of a bummer! 


Opening presents.

Lukie enjoyed his McQueen cupcake topper. 

After Jackson's party, we napped and then went to his friend Presley's party at Pump it Up.  Jackson loved it.  He is officially over his fear of bounce houses!!  Jackson passed out when we got home from all of the sugar and celebrating.

I can't believe my baby boy is THREE!  He can be quite challenging one minute and then sweet as can be the next.  He is extremely opinionated about how he wants things done and he wants to be very independent.  He can also whine quite a bit and gets easily frustrated with his cars and trains when they don't do what he wants them to do.  We are working on how to handle his frustrations.  He loves church and is learning a lot.  He sleeps well and still takes a good afternoon nap.  He is also eating really well these days and trying lots of new things. We also still enjoy a lot of time outside.

He says some pretty funny stuff.  Here are some examples:

  • "Of course I want some more crackers."
  • "Actually, I do like mashed potatoes."
  • "My cars are not obeying to me!"  This is usually what he says when I ask him why he's yelling at his cars in frustration.  Or he tells me, "I'm getting really frustrated!"
  • "Nice to meet you."
  • When I call him my baby boy he says that he is not a baby.  He's a big boy.  Ryan is a baby.
  • When he's talking to Daddy and I say something, he says, "I'm talking to Daddy right now."  Or if Laine and I are talking and he tries to say something and we don't acknowledge him quickly he slowly raises his voice until he loudly says, "I'm trying to tell you something!"  Obviously we are working on waiting our turn.

We are so thankful for the three years we've had with our little guy and pray that God blesses us with many many more!

4 comments:

Katherine said...

So glad Jackson had a fun birthday. I love seeing all the pictures of Ryan and Jackson together. They are going to have such a special bond as brothers and I look forward to watching that bond grow as they get older. What a blessing they are to each other!

Tanna said...

Dana, y'all made a wonderful birthday celebration for Jackson!! Alex would have LOVED the cupcakes and the (lost) balloons! As always, I love all of Jackson's most recent quotes! Makes me chuckle every time! He is precious. blessings ~ tanna

Lauri said...

I am so happy that Jackson had such a fun birthday celebration! It looked like a beautiful day despite the wind. The cupcakes and pizza looked yummy!

I love that Ryan is getting old enough now to interact more with Jackson. I have no doubt they are going to be the best of buddies and will love playing together. It really helps a Momma out, too!

PS - No, I'm not on my diet anymore and I'm frustrated because I'm about 5 lbs over my lowest weight (before our vacation). I'm still about 10 lbs away from my original goal but now it doesn't seem easily reachable!

Amanda said...

Looks like Jackson had a wonderful birthday celebration. I wish we could have been there to join in the festivities. For someone who claims to have no "Martha Stewart ability," you sure could have fooled me with all of the fun things you did for the party. =)

I love to see the pics of Jackson and Ryan interacting together. Gives me a glimpse of what I'm in for, and I can't wait! Love you!