On Wednesday, Jackson's school had their family picnic and Easter Egg Hunt. Each kid was allowed to get 6 eggs. As you can imagine, it was over pretty quickly. Jackson sure did enjoy seeing what goodies were inside his eggs.
Meanwhile, Ryan turned 8 months old! This is such a fun age!!! Here's what he's up to:
Ryan is starting to eat finger foods. He's had peas, Cheerios, and banana. I read about a great trick to help them to eat slippery finger foods. Ground up Cheerios in your food processor into a powder. Coat the banana or other slippery food and they can easily pick it up. It worked!
Ryan's first tooth is coming in on bottom. Jackson's first tooth didn't come until 11 1/2 months.
He takes a good morning nap - about 1 - 2 hours. The afternoon nap is not always as good. Sometimes he just sleeps 45 minutes and sometimes he will go 1 - 2 hours. He is going to bed around 7:00 in the evenings and sleeping until about 6:45 in the morning.
He doesn't seem to be close to crawling yet. Doesn't even attempt to scoot or anything. What is it with my boys? If you remember - Jackson didn't crawl until he was 11 months old -if you call what he did crawling. :-)
Ryan still spits up non-stop. Again...what is it with my boys and spitting up?????
When he's sitting down and I am about to pick him up, I'll say "up, up" and he raises his arms to be picked up.
One interesting thing we discovered this weekend is that he doesn't seem to want to take a bottle anymore. I went to our Ladies Retreat (Friday evening and Saturday 1/2 day) this weekend and he would only drink 1.5 oz on Friday before bed. Saturday at lunch he wouldn't take the bottle at all. I just had to feed when when I got home an hour later. The last bottle he had was several months ago and I guess he's decided he's not a fan.
I am loving the Spring weather. We have already spent a lot of time outside and I'm pretty sure we'll be hanging out in the yard quite a bit in the months to come.
Jackson is a super friendly little guy. He can seriously make friends with any stranger. We go to the park a lot and he is constantly asking other kids their name. He is also very confident going up to older kids and watching them or trying to play with them. The other day when some kids were leaving I heard one say, "bye Jackson." It took me by surprise because we didn't know the kid. Once he even went up to a little boy's grandpa and asked his name. The man said, "my name is grandpa." A few minutes later I saw Jackson holding grandpa's hand. It's really very sweet. However, the other day we were at the park and Jackson tried to play with some other kids that had some Thomas trains and he ended up getting hit by the other kid. Guess he didn't want to share. Jackson came running over to me crying. I just used it as a teachable moment and reminded him that we should never hit anyone because it hurts. He then informed me that he wanted to leave and needed to go to the hospital. :-)
Another thing to note is that Jackson has conqured a lot of his fears. He will now ride the horse on the carousel, jump in all sorts of bounce houses, climb in the tunnel at Chic-Fil-A, and sleep in a "super dark" bedroom.
4 comments:
I love the random updates! Ryan is growing up so fast!! So, is Jackson for that matter. I hate that kid was a meany in the park, but it cracks me up that Jackson told you he needed to go to the hospital. His little mind is quick! My favorite photo is y'all on the blanket! blessings ~ tanna
So glad you guys have been enjoying this nice weather. I love Jackson in that pink shirt at his Easter egg hunt. And I love that he is so social these days. He needs to pass some of that on to Luke. Luke just hides his face in my leg when someone trys to talk to him! :) Age 3 is such a fun age I think. It will be fun to watch Jackson during this next year!
Sweet Ryan is doing so much too. Sleeping so well, eating finger foods, such a big boy! We've missed you guys. Can't wait until Thursday! Oh and I loved the Easter card with the boys pictures. So so sweet!
So much going on! I was a little caught off guard when you said Ryan turned 8 months. I had to go back and count that for myself - must have been in denial or something because it just wasn't registering in my head that he could be that old yet!! I love the tip about the crushed cheerios on the slippery finger foods. Will definitely be trying that this time around.
I love the pictures of Jackson at the egg hunt, and I especially love his pink shirt! He looks so handsome dressed for spring. Too funny about his "needing to go to the hospital." I tell you, he says some of the funniest things!!!
Glad you all are enjoying your spring and the time outdoors. We're trying to do some of the same. Wish we were there to hang out with you guys. Miss you and love you.
I love your random updates! I can't believe your boys are getting so big. I'm with Amanda, the time is just going so fast and I had no idea they were so big! Jackson just cracks me up -- I've never seen that side of him that is such a social butterfly but I'm dying to see it in person! What a character! The hospital comment makes me laugh - is he a drama queen or what? haha! And I love that you're so dedicated with making their meals and snacks. So glad to hear you're enjoying the spring. Soak it in now before it gets too hot!!
Post a Comment