We had a nice visit to East Texas this weekend. While there we attended the Memorial Day program at the Veteran's Memorial. It was a very nice tribute to the men and women who gave their lives for our freedom. A very brave 6th grade girl read a poem about the day two men came to her door to tell her family that her daddy had been killed. I hope that one day our boys will understand and appreciate the sacrifices that many have made for them. I am proud to be an American!
5 comments:
What a wonderful way to spend your Memorial Day weekend! I have no doubt that your boys will grow up appreciating their country and those who serve. There's no way they could be your children and not. =)
BTW, I just have to comment on how great you look. =)
I think I would've lost it completely hearing that little girl. What an incredible thing to do. I'm so glad you had a nice holiday together with your family. Your family pictures are awesome and Amanda is right...you look GREAT!!! Those pics are framers for sure!
So proud to be an American also
So glad you guys had such a nice weekend. And what a special treat to spend it with your Dad. It really is such a special day to honor all those who deserve it.
I too love the family picures. You have such a precious family of four. And I too think you look great. Just glowing with happiness! Love you guys!
I so appreciate that you are bringing your boys up to appreciate the men and women who have bought our freedom with their lives. I would have been sobbing listening to that little girl talking about her dad. We are so blessed and need to always keep our service people in our prayers. blessings ~ tanna
Post a Comment