Jackson had a "Cookies and Carols" program at school at the beginning of December. I was really curious to see how he would do since he doesn't seem to like to be up in front of people.
I was pleasantly surprised during the first two songs. I leaned over to Laine and told him I was so excited that Jackson was actually participating and even thought maybe he'd participate at the program at church that was coming up that Sunday.
Then things started to go slowly down hill. I guess he had given it all he had and then gave up.
Oh boy, the hand in the shirt and shirt in the mouth.
When they got the drums I though that he might participate because they are drums, right!?
Nope, he just tried to take it off or wrap it around his ear.
Before Christmas, we made a trip to Houston to see my sister and her new baby girl and my brother and his family. It was so fun for us to all be together. We played at the park, ate good food, and enjoyed visiting with each other. The kids had a ball.
Sweet Kate ready for Santa.
The kids loved riding around on the little cars. And of course there was absolutely no fighting over the cars. Haha!
Waffles!
One day Jackson sat with Uncle Alex for about an hour and watched some show on underwater animals. He loved it and asked about 240 questions. Alex was a good sport to answer them all.
Like I said, we ate lots of yummy food!
We attempted pictures of the kids and the whole group. It was no easy task.
We got everybody but Kate in this pictures (she was asleep.) Alex, Jackson, Ryan, Emma, and Ella
Me, Alex, and Courtney
Loving the goofy smiles from the boys.
Alex and me being silly.
My sweet blue-eyed boy.
Dad, Robin, and the family came to DFW for lunch with my Aunt Diane and spent some time at our house but I didn't manage to get any pictures. :-(
Now, on to Christmas at our house...
Christmas Eve we put out food for the reindeer. (This year it consisted of Rice Krispies and lentils - I'm sure the reindeer loved it!)
Then we made cookies for Santa and some to take to G and Dada's
Here are Jackson's cookies. He rolled his dough, cut them out, and decorated them by himself.
He ended up choosing some of my star cookies and the shortbread cookies that I made for Laine's birthday for Santa's plate.
Here are my cookies. I think I've finally settled on recipes that I like. These sugar cookies are so soft and chewy and the icing is really good too. I've tried the royal icing and buttercream type icing with Crisco but I think I like the buttercream icing with butter the best.
Jackson and Ryan Christmas morning playing with Ryan's Little People Airport (I got it for $15 some time last year! I was so proud of that steal.)
I broke down and bought this guitar a few days before Christmas. It's the only thing Jackson has ever asked Santa for so I couldn't help myself.
I attempted Christmas tree shaped pancakes. Pretty close...
Ryan riding on Jackson's new bike from Santa. I am pleased to say that Jackson is finally riding it pretty well.
Unfortunately, the boys had pink eye on Christmas morning so we couldn't go to church. Fortunately, our church streams their services live so we watched it at home and laughed at ourselves trying to sing along. Then we read the Christmas story from Jackson's Jesus Storybook Bible.
After that, we headed to G and Dada's for Christmas lunch and to celebrate Laine's birthday. They were kind enough to let us come even though the boys had pinkeye.
Ryan and Brooks reading Daddy's birthday card.
Jackson and Kaley hanging out.
Ryan pretty much rolled around on the floor the entire time just loving all of the paper and trash.
They attempted to ride on the bike together.









5 comments:
I love love LOVE all the pictures! It's so great to see what you guys have been up to. What a fun December you had! I had no idea you were down in Houston -- sorry we missed you but I know you were super busy with family. Glad you had a wonderful Christmas. And happy belated birthday to Laine!!
PS - Your pictures are looking awesome! I can really tell that you're using new tricks!
What a fun Holiday you had. I really enjoyed you guys visiting us!
After reading this post the one thing that stood out in my mind was, "For someone who never liked doing 'crafty/creative' things, you sure have come a long way since you had kiddos." I LOVE it! Tree-shaped pancakes, decorated sugar cookies, reindeer food - YOU GO GIRL! Oh, and that LP airport - SCORE! $15?! That's a crazy good deal. I think I'll take your lead and start shopping earlier in 2012 so that I can take advantage of good deals when I find them, too. Happy New Year!
Loved all the pictures and stories to go with them. Especially loved jackson in his Christmas program at school. Reminds me of another 3 year old I know! :) And the cookies he made, too cute! Love the pictures of all the cousins together too. Glad you guys had such a fun time with your families!
Love the pictures! You have some beautiful boys! Looks like it was a wonderful December. :)
Post a Comment