Sunday, June 21, 2009

14 Months & Summer Fun!

It's summer! Yea! Jackson is 14 1/2 months old. He now has three teeth and a fourth one coming through. He's walking almost full time now which is keeping me very busy! He has fallen several times and has a bloody lip and scraped up chin right now. Here are a few things we've been up to...

Drawing with crayons for the first time (the squiggles are mine - he's not that talented!) I spent most of the time taking the crayons out of his mouth.






























Enjoying his new sunglasses

























Climbing all the time. Yum....Cheerios...
























He seems to be fascinated by hats right now, usually wearing them backwards. Gig 'Em!


















Jackson and Mommy at Aunt Anne's for Father's Day


















Chillin in the pool (okay, not really, he's still pretty timid near the water and clings on to me for dear life.)
























Cousins: Brooks, Jackson, and Kaley


















Looking at Zoe dog through the window with G
























Playing football with Dada


















Happy Father's Day to Laine, Dada, and Grandpa. We love each of you very much!
At 14 1/2 months Jackson is keeping us very busy. He's starting to pick up so many things and tries so hard to communicate his wants and needs. Today, he went to the pantry, pulled out a Nutri-grain bar and took it to the high chair and grunted until I put him in and gave him the bar. He grunts and points all day long! He says "nana" for banana and will often sit in his high chair saying "nana" over and over again until I bring him food. He is still saying mama and dada all the time. He understands so much of what we are saying. If we say, let's go outside or let's go eat he goes right to the door or high chair.
Jackson is sleeping so well! I love it. He goes to bed so much later now that he actually sleeps during nap time. It's been nice to be able to do so much more in the evenings. I really hope he will sleep better next year at day care.
Jackson loves to eat turkey dogs, fish sticks, corn dogs, green beans, just about any fruit, nutri-grain bars, cheerios, any kind of cracker, most breads, mac n cheese, pizza, yogurt, and cheese. I'm working on getting him to eat more veggies and beans. Surprisingly, I've never been able to get him to eat any kind of chicken (what kid doesn't like Chick-Fil-A chicken nuggets???) He can drink out of a cup pretty well but does spill if you put too much in there. He can also drink out of a straw now.
He still has a lot of stranger anxiety. I've been going to the gym in the mornings and he cries every time I drop him off. The workers say he usually clings to one person until I come back to get him. He does the same thing at the church nursery. He plays independently pretty well at home, thankfully.
Mumsey was in town this weekend and baby-sat Jackson while Laine and I went out to eat. It was SO nice. It's very relaxing to go out to eat without a 14 month old that just wants to walk around and explore everything. Thanks Mumsey!
Jackson has had lots of friends born recently! Don and Tianay had a little girl (Mackenna) in May, Jeff and Lauri just had a little girl (Kaitlynn) last week, and Jenny and Jack had a little boy (Caden) today! We are looking forward to Jerry and Amanda's little boy (Alex) in July and Courtney and Mark's little one (we'll find out sex soon) in November.
I think that's it for now...
Sorry for the spacing issues - I can't get spaces in between paragraphs!

4 comments:

Lauri said...

I love all the updates! And Jackson looks super cool in his sunglasses and Aggie cap (whoop)! It sounds like you are having such a nice summer already. Can't wait to see you guys next month!

Buffy said...

I love the new pictures! Looks like you all are having a great summer! Miss you!

Courtney said...

Those pictures are awesome! I love little Jackson

Katherine said...

I love hearing about everything he is doing now! This age is so amazing, they do so many new things every day! And it's so fun when they can understand so much and communicate in ways other than words. Glad you are enjoying your summer so far!