Saturday, July 4, 2009

Happy Fourth of July!

I love Independence Day! It's so nice to see all of the flags out and see people enjoying the day off with their family and friends. I'm so proud to be an American! I feel especially proud having a dad that served our country in Vietnam and a brother who is currently serving our country in Iraq. We are so proud of Uncle Alex for his bravery and sacrifice. And I think it should be noted the sacrifice that his wife and little girl make as well while he is away. We love you Aunt Jessica and Emma!

Also, a special HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Aunt Courtney today!!!!!!! And, by the way, she recently found out that she is going to have a baby BOY in November. Yea!


Jackson and Daddy this morning




Jackson with Uncle Alex in August before he went to Iraq


God Bless America.

5 comments:

Amanda said...

Yes indeed - God Bless America. And many thanks to Bob and Alex for serving our country so that we might get to enjoy our freedoms. =)

So excited that Courtney is having a baby BOY! Another Alex to love!

Lauri said...

Very sweet post! I'm so excited for Courtney!!

Katherine said...

Happy 4th to you guys! The older I get them more thankful I am for our wonderful country and the freedom we have. And it's thanks to people like your brother and Dad that make it all possible!
What exciting news for Courtney! All these boys!!!

Tanna said...

Amen! I do so appreciate our troups and their families. We are so blessed.

Maggie said...

I agree! Well done!