Something has happened to our sweet natured little boy! He has been throwing the biggest tantrums the last few days. I have no idea what is going on!?!? All of the sudden when he does not get what he wants, can't figure out how to do something, or when you try to take something away he starts screaming and crying and carrying on like you just wouldn't believe! Here's an example: he really enjoys putting things in the trash can. Today he was putting applesauce and other things from the pantry in the trash can. He was trying to get a big package of fruit cups in there and just couldn't figure out how to open the lid of the trash can and lift the heavy package into the trash can. So, what did he do? Started screaming and going nuts! Another example: we were outside watching Daddy go into the attic for something and when I decided it was time to come in he was MAD! So, what did he do? Scream!
We just try not to react too much and distract him if we can. I just don't want him to think we'll do whatever he wants when he throws these fits. I'm hoping it slows down a little because he's been really going at it this weekend! He might have some teeth coming in so maybe that's part of it?
A few pictures from the weekend...
Playing with his friend Presley
Macaroni for dinner means macaroni gel for the hair! We have to go straight to the bath tub on macaroni nights. He gets it EVERYWHERE.
Another picture of him in his little robe. I just think he looks adorable!
Tonight he did NOT want to let go of his Cheerios container (he wasn't eating them, just holding the container) and we decided we would let him win that battle since it was bed time. He also has his teething raspberry in the other hand.
Good news...we ordered a new camera and it should be here in a few days. I am SO excited because the one we have now is dying!
4 comments:
Welcome to the world of having a toddler! It is a whole new world when that side comes out, isn't it? I love that you didn't take his cherrios bowl away, choose your battles wisely...very smart! Sometimes it's just not worth the fight! When Luke gets mad, he sits down then lays back and just lays there then starts crying. I'm waiting for the kicking and screaming to kick in too since he is already on the floor. Or when he lays there he starts scooting on his back until he runs into something! Or he walks backwards until he runs into something then starts crying! Very odd but I guess that is his way of expressing his emotions! Fun times...especially out in public! :)
I can totally relate! Emma has her moments to, and your right do not give in. It is time for those terrible two! What fun.. Emma doesn't lay on the floor or anything but she cries and jumps up and down. Hang in there I hear they grow out of it. Love you all and miss you. Your brother should be home soon!!!!!!!
Oh, girl, do I ever feel your pain!! I remember having lots of interesting toddler moments at that age, and someone wisely told me that it's not the 'terrible twos' but instead it's the 'terrible two year period between age 1 and 3'!! Ha! So far I would say age 1 and age 3 have been the toughest for me.
I wouldn't be surprised if Jackson is learning things like tantrums from some of his playmates at school. But overall it's definitely the age of boundary-testing, so stand firm! We had to start time-outs with Connor at that age. Not fun!
By the way, I think Jackson could start the newest hairstyle craze with his Macaroni Hair. So cute!
Aaaah, toddler time. He is adorable, Dana! I love the macaroni hair gel and the cute robe picture! Toddlers can be trying at times... hilarious at others (you just have to struggle not to let them see you laughting!). LOL!
Jackson is on a magical journey from infant to manhood... with wonders all along the way. He is fortunate to have you to watch over his path... =)
Post a Comment