Wednesday, September 9, 2009

A Special Visit & Seventeen Months

This weekend I had the opportunity to go to Virginia to visit a very special friend and her new little man! We had a great time catching up and just looking at little Alex and admiring his cuteness....











Jackson is seventeen months old today! I feel like a terrible blogger because I only have one new picture of him since my last post. Our camera is about to die (could it be because I've dropped it so many times?) so I think we are going to have to look for a new one this weekend.



Jackson LOVES the vacuum cleaner. I have no idea why but he immediately goes to the front of the vacuum and tries to take off the filter. He can make it very difficult to get any vacuuming done. He will chase it around trying to get the filter off!









Here is a little of what Jackson is up to these days:
  • So, so, so curious about everything

  • Doing a lot of mimicking of sounds and actions

  • Saying: mama, dada, nana (banana), bubbles, big truck (sounds like dig tuck), ball, bye bye

  • Jackson waves to anyone and everyone - even to people in the car next to us on the road; he will also give you a high five

  • He will give the occasional kiss - only reserved for certain times when he feels like being sweet

  • Signs the word more - he started doing this just for food and now he will do it for other things as well

  • Still sleeping great at home and daycare

  • LOVES to go outside

  • He's not rubbing his head as much as he used to do

  • Hears an airplane and looks for it in the sky; says big truck (dig tuck) whenever a truck, large car, or bus goes by

He just seems to be growing up so much these days. When I drop him off at daycare he sits down to eat breakfast and just looks at me and waves when I leave. Absolutely no tears. He is having such a great time and learning so much! When I pick him up they are usually outside. It is such a cute site. I have his water with me so I give it to him and he takes a few sips, puts it down, turns around and waves bye to his friends as we walk away. What a good friend!


I can honestly say that I have so much fun just hanging out with this little guy. I think he has a great personality and is just generally fun to be around! I feel so blessed to be his mom.

4 comments:

Tanna said...

... and, Jackson is so blessed to have you as his mom. Your love will give him wings!

Lauri said...

I love the pics with you and Amanda and Alex -- so cute! And I love hearing about Jackson's new developments, especially the "dig tucks" -- that is so funny!

Amanda said...

Thank you for sharing so many details about what Jackson's up to. I can almost see all of those things happening even though I haven't gotten to see the little guy in almost a year. I love that he waves goodbye to his friends at school. How sweet is that?!

I can't wait to see him when we come home in October!

Katherine said...

Jackson is such a big boy and doing so much! I love that he loves to wave to everyone, even his little friends at school. Too cute! I'm so glad he is doing so well at school, I know that is a relief to you and Laine. So big!