Here's what I'm looking forward to:
- Putting my family first - no more late nights at work or weekend events to attend.
- Going to the grocery store during the week instead of on the weekends!
- Running other errands during the week so that we can enjoy our weekends as a family more.
- Taking walks with my boys. Jackson and I take walks when we can now so I'm hoping we can continue that when the baby comes. I'm looking for a good double jogger right now.
- Going to the library with the boys.
- Cooking! When I'm home over breaks I really enjoy having the time to cook so I'm hoping it will be the same once I'm home.
- Spending lots of time outside with my boys.
- Not dreading opening my email for fear of what new work crisis is going on.
- Not having to rush out the door in the mornings.
- Just enjoying life with my boys (all three of them) and not having to worry so much about work. It amazes me how much time I have spent worrying over work stuff. Life is just too short!
These are my fears:
- I have spent the last 12 years being with and loving on other people's children every day. What will it be like when that's over? Will I miss it? What if I don't? How will I feel then?
- How long will I stay at home? What if I have to go back to work one day and I don't want to? What if I don't want to go back to the only career that I've ever known. What other options do I have?
- Will I miss the adult interaction/conversations that I have had at work?
- Finances - this is probably my biggest worry. Laine and I have basically been able to do what we have wanted and saved every month being a two income family. I really have no idea how things are going to go when we move to one income. I'm terrified about it because it's the unknown. Will I drive Laine completely insane when I want to know how every penny is spent? I was single for a long time on a teacher's salary so I am completely confident that I can live simply but now that we are a family it's not just me spending the money. I know that God will take care of us and we are willing to make a lot of sacrifices to make it work. I am just going to have to have faith that God will take care of us no matter what.
Any advice from those of you that ended your career to stay home with the kiddos?
6 comments:
You won't look back. You won't wish for more time at work. You won't worry about the money once you see how it can all be managed.
You will enjoy time with the boys - doing the fun things you can't do while you work. You will watch your faith blossom as you press in to God to see how He will work everything out. You will forever be thankful for the blessing you have to stay home.
I'm so excited for you. I can't wait to see you!
Oh girl, I have SO much to say about this post. In fact, I should probably just email you instead of leaving a long post. But I will say this: in my opinion, working out the finances will be the easy part. Not that it won't take sacrifice, but I agree with Amanda that God provides and will continue to provide even on 1 income.
I think that every Mom faces unique blessings and challenges in this role but from what I've heard you say in the past, I believe you will fit into the new role just fine and won't look back. I'm so proud of you for following your heart and taking the leap. And there are many of us right beside you along for the ride, so we'll all have to lean on each other!
I am so excited for you and all the changes coming your way. With any big change in life there is always a time of adjustment. And I bet you will feel it the most in July/August when you would normally be going back to work. But by then you will be so focused on preparing for baby Ewing to arrive that hopefully it will make the adjustment easier.
I'm excited for you to now have the time to focus on the things you want to and the things most important to you, big or small. You will get so much back in return.
And along with change is also the unknowns and the fears that come along with that. But because you want this change I believe you will find a way to work through all the fears you might have. And honestly I bet you are going to be so busy with your new life that you won't have much time to focus on the fears! :)
I'm so excited to watch you evolve in your new role and I know that God will be leading you and your family along the way! He will not let you down! If you ever need to talk or a shoulder to lean on you know I'm here and I totally understand!! I find having other moms in your same situation to lean on is very important!
Your boys are lucky to have you! :)
Love you girl!
Well, I certainly can't give advice from experience. :) But, I'm so happy that you have the opportunity to make this change. And, I'm betting that you will love it! All of your boys are lucky to have you!
I agree that you won't have time to worry about it.....but wait - we're Dierkes' - so worrying is our thing.....ok, so forget that!!
I'm just excited I can call you anytime now :) And be prepared for Alex and I to make many visits!
Hi Dana! Hi am so excited for you! I don't think you will regret this decision at all. :) I do miss teaching around August when everyone is getting ready. I volunteered in Emma's class once a month this year (she was in kindergarten!), and I really enjoyed it. It made me miss it a little, but I got to be in a classroom working with the kids! It was fun. :) Have a good rest of the year!
Post a Comment