Sunday, May 30, 2010

Ice, Ice, Baby

A few pictures from our week...

Daddy teaching Jackson the names of the cars. It cracks me up to hear Jackson say, "Ferrari."




Putting cars in bed. We tried to get him to just pick one or two but he wanted to drop the ALL!



Still likes to sleep with books, stuffed animals, hats, and cars.





Jackson loves his bear slippers.





We had a special visit with Uncle Alex this week. He was in the DFW area for some training and we got to take him to dinner.






Jackson enjoyed spraying himself with water. I think he kept trying to spray us but couldn't quite figure that out so he ended up getting himself all wet.





Now, for the title of this post. I gave Jackson a haircut this week and let's just say that I really messed up the side burns. Laine says it looks like Vanilla Ice. Remember his layered side burns? I kept trying to make it look better but it just ended up looking worse. Poor guy. In a week or two it will be grown back out - his hair grows FAST! Thus the reason I continue to give him free hair cuts. Fortunately, the rest of it looks fine so hopefully no one will really notice.








I haven't posted in a while about all the fun stuff Jackson is doing. Things have been very busy and I've been tired. It's been a quiet weekend so I finally have time to catch up. Here's what Jackson is up to these days:


  • Today was his last day in the nursery at church. Next week he will go to Toddler church during service and then to the 2's class during Bible class.

  • He is talking up a storm and remembers SO much! Yesterday I took him to the gym and when he saw the pool he said, "swimming in the summer." I've been telling him the last several times we've seen the pool that we will go swimming when it's summer time. Only another week or two and we'll be there! He loves to say yes and now he is saying yes ma'am and yes sir. He says bless you when you sneeze. He is starting to ask questions too. He likes to ask where something is. For example, he might say, "kitty cat is?"

  • He's learning a lot at school. The other day we noticed he was counting to 10. It's very clear and this is not something we've done with him so it's definitely school. He also made a shape with his Legos the other day and showed it to Laine and said, "T." And it was in the shape of a T!

  • He's starting to sing with me some at night, usually the last word or two of a phrase. He sings twinkle, twinkle, ABC's, and Pat the Bible.

  • Tonight when I was rocking him he patted my belly and said, "baby Ryan sleeping?" (It's still not official, but Ryan is the top choice for baby boy's name.)

  • He loves animals and can name just about any animal in a picture.

  • He still LOVES, LOVES, LOVES trucks and cars and gets so excited on trash day. He talks about the trash truck coming non stop. One day I went to pick him up from school and he was running toward me on the playground. I thought, wow, he's so excited to see me. Nope, he was running to the gate (along with several of the boys) because they heard the trash truck coming!

  • He still LOVES to be outside. He will never tell you no when you ask if he wants to go out.

  • He hates having his hair washed. You would think we were torturing him when we rinse the soap out!

  • He is still sleeping pretty well but the night time routine is still a bit rough. He is doing some major stalling! But once he's asleep he's a great sleeper and does not wake up til morning.

  • TANTRUMS! Need I say more??? Oh my goodness. We've had some trying times in the last several weeks at our house. I'd like to think I'm pretty patient but there have been a few times I've about lost my mind. This kid can throw a good tantrum! And it is the smallest little things that set him off. I just remind myself that it's normal and to just ignore most of it.

  • Jackson is really starting to have some special relationships. I love it when I can tell him we are going to see someone he loves and he gets so excited. It's so sweet.

I hope everyone has a nice Memorial Day Holiday. We are so thankful for the men and women who have given their lives for our country. We are blessed to be Americans.

5 comments:

Lauri said...

Too funny about Jackson's sideburns. I did the exact same thing to Connor's hair when I gave him his first haircut with those clippers you recommended.

I love reading about all of Jackson's accomplishments these days! He is just learning so much -- I'm so impressed!!

By the way, Connor's bed used to look exactly like Jackson's! Too funny.

Courtney said...

You are such a good blogger. I can't wait to see him next week

Katherine said...

I love all the updates! He really is doing so much and is such a big boy! I love the pictures of the haircut, I can relate. I messed Jacob's up last time but what can you do! Except learn from it! haha!It's a good thing their hair grows fast! :)

Amanda said...

I love those bear claw slippers! How precious.

I think it's a good thing that you're practicing on Jackson's hair now - when he can't be embarrassed because he doesn't know any better. =) I can't wait to see you guys in a couple of weeks.

Tanna said...

Jackson is doing so very much! Fast as lightening, they grow up! Keep on enjoying every moment. =)