We finally finished Jackson's big boy room. He's been sleeping in it for a few weeks now and doing great! He hasn't asked to be rocked but 2 or 3 times. I just tell him now that he's in a big boy room he doesn't have to be rocked anymore. Kind of makes me sad...sniff sniff. He seems to be okay with it. We decided not to do a big boy bed yet. I'm just not ready for the transition. So, we bought an inexpensive crib that turns into a toddler bed very easily. Our plan is to keep him in the crib until I'm ready to tackle the transition. Plus he seems to love the comfort of the crib right now. Jackson's room is just a random assortment of old furniture (my dresser,
Laine's desk, my old and almost falling apart book shelf) right now. Once Ryan is bigger we will put them in the same room and look for some bunk or twin beds and new furniture for the boys. Considering we spent very little money, I'm happy with how Jackson's room turned out. With the crib, mattress, a new lamp and a few storage containers, we spent about $260 total. Not bad! I'm also SO happy we never painted the walls in the room. They seem to match well with his decor.
I'd like to paint the base of the lamp to match the red in the room if I get around to it. I'm also loving that we are storing a lot of the toys in his room so we now have our living room back!

We are using the quilt from his old room. Too bad his bed never looks like this. It's always FULL of junk.


This was
Laine's desk and we re-covered the bench. I LOVE the fabric. I knew it was perfect the moment I saw it. I guess I'm just a sucker for the old time race car theme. We are using the fabric to do a project in Ryan's room. More pics to come soon....

Of course I had to slip in a few pictures of Jackson. Here he is making sure that he does not miss one drop of the ice cream in his bowl. Like mother, like son!

Playing outside.


I'll end with some pics of our bedroom for Amanda. She never saw what we did with it. We decided to put a desk in the cut out area and it has worked out well. I don't particularly love our room because it doubles as an office and doesn't always feel as cozy as I'd like but I do love the sitting area we created. :-)
5 comments:
Oh wow, what an awesome room for Jackson! You are right, the paint in there is just perfect for his decor. I really love it! I'm super impressed with your decorating and do-it-yourself projects.
We kept Connor in his crib until right before he turned 3. You'll know when the time is right for Jackson. Can't wait to see the pics of Ryan's room!!
Oh it all looks great! Jackson's room looks just perfect for him and great that you can store some of his toys in there. I can't wait to see how Ryan's room turns out, I know it will be great! You have been busy--glad you are getting a lot done!:)
Its looks very nice - Jackson looks proud standing in his room.
First, let me just say "thank you" for sharing pictures of your bedroom just especially for me. That was a "happy" in my day - made me smile. Your room looks fantastic, and I love the sitting area, too. Seems like the perfect place to curl up with a book and drink a cup of hot tea, if you liked that kind of thing. =)
Jackson's room looks great, too! You go girl with your budget decorating. =) Can't wait to see the magic you're making in Ryan's room. Which, by the way, I love the name and all of the special meaning behind it. I think that's a wonderful gift to give a child - a strong name with meaning. Just like they said in Where the Heart Is. =)
Jackson's room and your room look wonderful! And, I love, love, love the story behind Ryan's name and your memories of your grandmother and aunt. It's going to be soon now!!
Post a Comment