Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Summer Fun Continued...

This boy sure does love to empty out things. This time it was books off his bookshelf.



We enjoyed getting together with Colton, Caden, and Makenna the other day to swim.








G, Dada, Brooks, and Aunt Anne visited the other day and they had lots of fun playing!


We watched Colton for a little bit last week and he and Jackson had tons of fun. They enjoyed covering themselves in blankets and giggling. Those boys play together very well. They both have an abundance of energy and love running around like little wild men.


We have also enjoyed story time and the mall with Jacob and Luke. Jackson enjoys getting together with them too. We are so thankful to have lots of little boys to play with!!!

Stay tuned...we finally got wood floors in the living/dining room. Pics to come soon.



Jackson is saying some pretty cute stuff these days.

  • In the car the other day he said, "mommy, I'm happy." I said, "I'm happy too" and I was. :-)
  • He says, "watch this" and then will do some sort of trick. Laine and I like to joke that in a few years he'll be saying this to his friends as he jumps off the roof.
  • If he doesn't want something (usually while in his car seat) he says tells us, "I don't want this." The other day he had his hand out with a booger on the end of his finger and said, "I don't want this booger."
  • My favorite is still, "Mommy, what ya doing?" The way he says it is so sweet.
  • The other day he said, "Ryan, I love you." He will also talk about loving his friends.
  • He tells us that Sheepie (his little sheep he has grown to love) needs to be covered and patted in the bed too.
  • He likes to say, "Jackson a good boy" or "I a good boy."
  • He can tell us his first and last name.
  • One of my other favorites is when I tell him we are going to visit friends or go swim or go to the library and then he says, "yeah, it be fun!"
  • In the car he likes to point out which direction to go. He says, "go this way, not that way."
  • Loves to point out his boo boos and those other people have. He likes to talk about them and get/give kisses.
  • When there is something he doesn't want to do (go to bed, take a bath, leave the house, etc) he says, "five minutes."
  • He has said a few times, "Jesus loves me" or "I love Jesus." He is really starting to participate in prayers at night. I love that he is picking up on the things he is learning at church and home. We saw a rainbow last night and I asked him if he knew who made the rainbow and he said God. :-)
  • He's also starting to say that something is scary or scared. Usually I think it's to get attention. He will also say, "such and such is going to get me." The other night he said, "Jesus is going to get me." And he said, "Daniel is going to get me." We had been talking about what he learned in Bible class and how we can pray to God when we are scared like Daniel did. I think he must have had that on his mind. We had to assure him that they were not going to get him and that in fact Jesus helps us. :-) I love talking to him about these things and am now realizing just how important it is to be talking to him about it since he's starting to understand so much more.
  • He is so curious and interested in EVERYTHING around him. Laine and I took him to Bed, Bath, and Beyond yesterday to get some stuff and he touched/pulled at EVERYTHING he could get his hands on. It literally takes two of us to keep him from destroying a store. I no longer can take him to the grocery store with me unless I'm just getting one or two things. He is just too busy. Although it makes me crazy, I love that he is curious and interested in what's around him.

Sometimes I just look at him while he's sleeping or while listening to him in the car and I cannot describe the incredible sense of awe I feel in the blessing that God has given us. It makes all the tantrums and time outs worth it. :-)

4 comments:

Lauri said...

I just love hearing about what Jackson is saying! Oh, I bet that sweet voice just melts your heart!!

And I can totally relate to the picture of the books off of the bookshelf. Connor was never like that for some reason, but Kaitlynn IS big time. But I'm with you, if it keeps them entertained even for just 5 minutes it's worth it, ha!

I'm so glad you're having such a great and busy summer. I know Jackson is LOVING having his Mommy around all the time!!

Tanna said...

That sense of blessiing and awe never goes away...

I love reading about all the things he is saying! Just gives me a good little chuckle and a big smile.

Is the second Dragon Tatoo as good as the first?? =)

Katherine said...

I am still impressed at how much he is talking and the complete sentences he puts together. Sweet boy! I'm glad you have been enjoying your summer. We sure have enjoyed the times we have gotten together!

I can't wait to see pics of the new wood floors. Your house is going to look so different, you are going to love them!

Amanda said...

Where to begin, where to begin. I think with my favorite pic. I just love that photo of Jackson standing under the tree with his gun. So cute.

I cannot believe you finally took the plunge to get the hardwoods! Are they installed already? Oh girl - I bet they look beautiful!! I can't wait to see them.

I loved reading all of Jackson's sayings. I can almost hear his little raspy voice saying them, and it makes my heart smile.

And I just knew that you wouldn't miss work one single bit. I'm so glad you're able to stay home now.

Can I say that before I had Alex, I would have looked at that first picture of the books scattered everywhere and shook my head in disbelief. That was before I understood that that few minutes of entertainment is worth the few minutes of cleanup. Anything to keep them busy!

You've made many posts where I've thought to myself, "Look at what a great mom she is." I love how you foster Jackson's adventurous spirit and allow him to be "all boy." I think that's so special and so important. I am thankful that I get to enjoy this chapter in life with you.