It's hard to believe that tomorrow morning will mark a week since Ryan decided to become a part of our family. Last Sunday around 4:30 am I got up to use the restroom (for probably the 7th time) and a gush of liquid came out. This happened about 3-4 more times and we decided that my water must have broke. We went to the hospital and they confirmed this. We had a doctor there to perform my c-section around 9ish and Ryan was born at 9:58. What a whirlwind! Everything went well. I was pretty anxious from the time I went into the OR to when they started the surgery but after that it all went well. I had some pretty uncomfortable pain at the hospital but am definitely starting to feel a little better.
Thankfully G and Dada were able to watch Jackson for the day and then Aunt Courtney flew in Sunday night. She watched Jackson while we were in the hospital and flew home on Friday.
Aunt Courtney was a huge help with Jackson and brought him to the hospital 2 time each day to visit us. Once we were home, things were pretty chaotic. I think these pictures say it all. :-)
Alex's knees were hurting crawling around on the tile and wood so Courtney made these little knee pads out of diapers. Like I said, total chaos. But we were so thankful for the help!
My mom always has a list of things for Laine to do when we go visit her house so she bought Ryan this shirt.
6 comments:
Dana, he is just beautiful! I love all of his blonde hair. I hope things are going well. Call if you need anything. Hard to believe we just went through this 5 months ago. Jack will be happy to have another boy to play with. Allie was really sad that she couldn't give Jackson her baby doll on Sunday! Looks like he is doing fine with a real baby:)
Oh he's so sweet Dana!! I still can't get over all that hair he has. So cute. I am seeing a little more Jackson in him-yes?? They have the same mouth for sure! I can't believe he's already a week old. It goes by in a hurry doesn't it? Glad you have the first week behind you and glad you are feeling well. Can't wait to see you guys soon!
So, so precious! There is one picture in there where Ryan is stretching and he looks just like Jackson, except for the hair! I hope you are settling in well at home, and it's so wonderful that your sister came up to help! I love the pictures of the chaos at home -- that is something we tend to forget! Take care and I can't wait to get me some baby snuggles soon!!
The first week just wouldn't be normal if it weren't filled with chaos. I am so glad that Courtney came to lend a hand. I'm sure Jackson liked having Alex there to play with, too. All three of those boys are precious.
Congratulations! Ryan is a beautiful baby!
All those precious little pictures just bring tears to my eyes... that is such a sweet, special time, as you well know, Dana. Thank you for sharing with the rest of us.
Post a Comment