Sunday, August 1, 2010

Ryan's Room and Other Pictures

We took Jackson to Safety Palooza last night. The advertisement said that a Care Flight helicopter would be there so we had been telling Jackson all about it the day before and day of since he always points out the one at the fire station when we pass. He woke up at 4:30 a.m. yesterday and when I went to his room he told me he wanted to see the helicopter. So we knew even though it was 104 degrees yesterday we had to go. Well, guess what? The helicopter wasn't there. The police officers told us it was supposed to land at 7:00 but it never came. :-( We ended up leaving at 7:30 because we had other plans. In the end we heard that it never came so I'm guessing maybe it had an emergency to attend to. I think Jackson had fun anyway.

Here he is checking out the fire truck. This picture made me laugh since you can see my big belly on the right side (in white.)



Getting to share a sno cone made braving the heat worth it! Though someone wasn't really into sharing with me... I had to make him!

Ryan's room is done! I covered two canvases with the material I found.




Ryan's name with the same letters/color as Jackson's.



We kept a lot of the same stuff Jackson had in his room but did try to change it up a little. The theme is the same so when they eventually share a room it will be an easy transition. It was easy for me to keep so much the same once I saw that material I fell in love with. Now we are just waiting for a sweet baby boy to come make the room complete!



The wood floors are done! We put them down in the dining and living room. We opted not to put them in the entry way to save a little money. I LOVE them!!!! SO worth the money to me.


We need to find a larger rug for the living room. Let me know if you see any sales going on!




That's all for now. Once the yard is looking better (it's been 2 weeks since we put down the new grass) I'll post those updates. My goal was to get the house where I wanted it before Ryan's arrival. We are almost there! We are about to enter money saving mode... :-(

6 comments:

Tanna said...

Dana the floors and the nursery look great!!! The photo of Jackson "sharing" his snowcone is too cute! I'm sorry the helicopter didn't show up. Bummer. But, looks like ya'll had a great time anyway! Stay cool!

Katherine said...

The wood floors look awesome! It totally changes the look of your living room. You are going to love them! I know you are so glad to have that done. And Ryan's room is adorable. You've done a great job keeping the same theme but changing it up just enough to make it special for Ryan. I can't wait for sweet boy to get here! He is already loved by so many! :)

Tanna said...

PS I just bought The Girl Who Plays with Fire!! After reading your comment, I think I need to get the next one before I finish this one! LOL!

Amanda said...

The hardwoods look amazing! I love that you carried them into the dining room area, too. We want to sell the rug that was in our dining room, and I would give you a really great price! =) Even with shipping it might be cheaper than some you can find in stores. And the colors would look great with your scheme! =)

Ryan's room looks so cute - and I love the canvas idea. Who said you didn't have any creativity?! You go girl!

Lauri said...

I love the new look with the hardwood floors! They look so awesome and I know they'll be so much easier upkeep with the little ones. I remember how much you always worried about staining the carpet so these should take care of that issue, ha ha! :-)

I LOVE the canvases you made for Ryan's room -- that material is so perfect! The nursery is so perfect for your new little boy and I know you are relieved to have your nesting projects finished before he arrives!

By the way, you are looking awesome yourself! Even in 104 degree heat!

Courtney said...

I think the hardwoods make the room appear so much bigger