Things are totally chaotic at our house most of the time. I swear Jackson must be the loudest kid on earth sometimes! But with all of the chaos there are so many sweet moments. I wanted to take a minute to remember some of my favorite moments from this season.
Jackson
- Recently Jackson has asked me to rock him a few times. We sneak into Ryan's room while he's sleeping and rock for a little bit and I absolutely love every moment of it. It won't be long before he'd rather be dead than rock with me so I soak it up and store it in my heart for later.
- He is constantly asking everybody's name. He asks the name of every fish on Finding Nemo and every toy on Toy Story. He asks the name of the lady who checks us out at Kroger, the man driving the car next to us, the man who greets us as we enter church, etc. It's so cute to see how much he wants to know everyone's name.
- I tell Jackson I love him all the time. Most of the time he is too busy to respond. But sometimes he says, "I love you too, Mommy." Makes me smile every time.
- I love all of the conversations we have in the car. We talk and talk and I have his undivided attention. I love those conversations.
- Sometimes Jackson asks me to snuggle with him in our bed while he watches t.v. Often times I'm doing something that has to be done or taking care of Ryan but when I'm not I LOVE to snuggle with him!
- I love rocking this little guy. He rocks on his side and looks up at me and touches my face and plays with my hands. Sometimes I sing him "This Little Light of Mine." When I get to the part that says, "Hide it behind a bushel...NO" he always looks up at me and giggles when I do the NO part. It's so cute.
- His smiles and giggles melt my heart.
- Every night before his bath when I'm taking him into the bathroom we stop and look in the mirror for a bit. He smiles and laughs at himself like he's the most handsome baby in the world.
- I love the way he watches Jackson and giggles at him. He is so excited when Jackson gives him attention.
I'm so thankful for these little guys!
5 comments:
It just warms my heart that you are loving life with your little guys so much! They are both at such fun ages with so many changes happening all the time. There's nothing like seeing that brotherly love develop and get stronger day by day. They may not believe you later on when you tell them how much they adored each other, so keep taking pictures as proof, ha!!
Dana, I am so glad you are storing these precious moments away in your heart. The boys are just too sweet!!
These are the best kind of posts. The kind that are more for your memory book than anyone else's because you know exactly what that little smile looks like, what the "I love yous" sound like, and what the cuddles meant every single time. Just getting to come back and read this again one day will stir such warm memories in your heart. These boys are so blessed to have a mommy who loves them as much as you do.
What a fun post. One you will enjoy looking back and reading one day. They both really are at such a fun age. Almost 3 and 6 months. What fun!
I love hearing Jackson asking what everyone's name is. That cracked me up at the mall last time. And don't you just love the car time. They can't run off or act wild and crazy. Just nice time to engage.
So glad you are able to be with your boys and soak up all these lovable moments! It's these moments that God gives us that hopefully helps us through those hard times! Love you girl!
Can't wait to see you guys next week:)
Post a Comment