Jackson had his two month check up today. He weighs 11 pounds, 10 ounces and is 23.3 inches long. Poor little guy got four shots today. He handled it like a champ. And guess who slept from 9:30 p.m. to 6:00 a.m. last night.....Jackson! Of course mom and dad didn't sleep because we kept going in to check on him since he's never slept later than 3:45 a.m. Let's just hope that he does it again tonight! Here are some updates on the last few weeks with Jackson:
He is moving his arms and legs non-stop and smiling quite a bit. Sometimes when I'm feeding him in the middle of the night he stops, looks up at me, and smiles. It makes getting up in the middle of the night worth it. When he's fully awake he is pretty good at entertaining himself. He likes to lie on the floor or sit in his bouncy chair and just look around. He is enjoying his baths much more these days and he loves to have his hair dried with the hair dryer. Thanks Jenny for the suggestion! He is also doing a much better job with the bottle. He doesn't throw the huge fits that he used to but it does take him a long time and he doesn't usually eat very much. He is not a good napper. He would much rather take cat naps here and there.
Jackson is not a fan of the car seat. When we put him in we have to rush to get him in the car before he throws a huge fit. I remember parents talking about putting their baby in the car to put them to sleep. This does not work with Jackson unless you are going 60 mph on a highway with no traffic lights. Jackson will wake up at a red light and start crying. I took Jackson to the mall the other day to return something. I took the stroller so that I could put his car seat in the stroller. He did great until we got to the cash register and we stopped moving. He began to cry at first and I tried to console him but then it turned into an all out screaming fit. So, I took him out of his car seat and held him as he was screaming and I was trying to make the exchange. The nice ladies at the store helped me get my stuff in the stroller. I walked out of the mall holding a screaming baby in one hand and pushing a stroller with the other. Luckily I parked strategically so that I didn't have far to walk.
We left Jackson for the first time this weekend. Laine's parents watched him while we went to a wedding. It was nice for us to be able to get away for a little while.
Here are some pictures of Jackson over the last two weeks:
Here is Jackson during tummy time. Instead of using his neck muscles to lift his head like he's supposed to be doing, he likes to suck on his hand. (check out that hair!)

This is what I walked in on when Jackson started crying after his nap. When he wakes up he kicks out of his swaddle and cries.
Jackson likes to ride on Daddy's arm.

Jackson in his outfit that his friend Luke passed down to him.
Jackson on Daddy's tummy.


Jackson smiling.
1 comment:
omg!! he looks EXACTLY like Laine!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment