Ryan had his two week check up today. He's looking good. Doctor G gave him a great review. Ryan now weighs....8.7 lbs and is 20.3 inches long. He's gained great weight! It's nice to know that he's getting plenty to eat and is a healthy boy.
Here are a couple of observations I've made since having our Ryan around:
1. I was so nervous about having a new baby. Jackson was 24/7 work when he was a newborn/infant. He ate 12-14 times a day and wanted to be held/rocked/soothed just about non stop. This is the only experience I had with a baby so it's all I knew to expect. Ryan is a completely different baby so far. He only eats 8-9 times a day and is perfectly content to be put down. He will grunt and squirm but rarely cries. As a matter of fact, I asked the doctor about that today to make sure it was normal for him to be so quiet. I'm really hoping he continues to be such an easy baby. Now....Jackson is another story. He's the one that's quite the challenge these days. He is one active little boy. Jackson is in constant motion and wants to touch/ruin/tear apart just about anything that he comes in contact with. So, it can be quite a challenge to nurse a baby and take care of an active 2 year old. I love Jackson's fun little personality but I have to admit that Ryan is the easy one right now. I definitely didn't expect that.
2. Everyone told me that Jackson would seem big once Ryan came. I didn't expect just how big he would be to me. It makes me a little sad. His once little toes and fingers seem humongous now. It's so weird to hug him and hold him now that Ryan is here. He just seems so HUGE. It makes me realize how much my little boy is growing up.
We are very thankful for both of our little boys! I'll post some pictures soon.
6 comments:
I'm so glad Ryan's 2-week checkup went well! You are definitely blessed to have such an easy newborn. The first 2 always seem to be opposites, don't they? Keep me posted on how it's going, and hopefully Jackson's preschool will help him use up some energy so that his Momma can have a break!
Wow- little Ryan is getting so big. I can't believe how much weight he has gained. What a good little eater he is, healthy boy! Glad he got a good check up and I pray he continues to be such an easy baby for you.
Doesn't it seem like Jack just grew over night?? I just keep looking at Luke and touching his arms and legs and can't get over how BIG he is. I've shed a few tears over how big my baby Luke now is, darn hormones!! ;)
Can't wait to see more pics of that sweet Ryan. Hope to see you guys soon. And can't wait to hear how Jack likes his new school next week. Love you!
Life is just full of the unexpected, isn't it? That's what makes it such a fun adventure. You never know what you're going to get. =)
I can see how Jackson would now look so big in comparison. I remember when we first put Alex down to play under his activity gym, it just seemed to swallow him whole. Towels, too. And then one day those things seemed small. I thought to myself, was I just imagining how tiny he looked in comparison to those things? But you know it's real. It's just that they change so fast that it's hard to see until you have something else to compare it to.
I'm glad that Ryan is happy-go-lucky. It will be fun to see the dynamic of his relationship with Jackson as they get older.
Love you!
PS - I'm going to try to make one post each day for the "31 Days." So they'll probably be short and sweet most of the time. But it should be a good exercise in expressing gratitude for the good stuff in life.
Ryan had a great check-up! It IS amazing how big your once tiny other little person seems with a newborn in the house. You have some precious boys...
I want to do the 31 day posts also!!!
Post a Comment