Ryan ready for his first walk with mommy.
Thanks to G and Dada for letting Jackson sleep over at their house last night. Jackson couldn't quit talking about it all day yesterday and woke up 45 minutes into his nap asking to go to G and Dada's house. I know he had all kinds of fun and Laine and I enjoyed some one on one time with Ryan.
Also, thanks to my mom for coming last week and helping us out. Anyone who knows my mom knows she doesn't like doing anything domestic (cleaning, cooking, etc.) so it makes it mean that much more that she cooked dinner for us, helped us keep the house clean, and watched Ryan and Jackson for various appointments we had this week. Thanks mom!
Here we are before going to meet Jackson's teacher. Jackson was a little standoff-ish toward his teachers at first but loved playing in the room and didn't want to leave. Right now he seems excited to go to school next week so helpfully it will be a fun first day. Stay tuned for pictures on Wednesday.
Ryan started doing a little tummy time this week. Like any baby, he doesn't seem to love it but he wasn't too fussy. Jackson decided to partake in the fun.
Ryan is getting SO big. It looks like he's ready for size 1 diapers already! The newborn diapers are just too snug now. He seems to be eating a little more these days (I'm wondering if he's going through a growth spurt) and his thighs are chunky and his little cheeks are getting fat. He might be a big boy!
I'll leave you with a few things I've found myself saying to Jackson the last few weeks:
- "No, you can't sit on Ryan." This was said as Jackson was straddling Ryan and looked up at Laine and I and said, "sit on baby Ryan?"
- "Babies only drink milk. You can't feed him big boy food."
- "Babies don't like loud noises in their ears."
- "Please don't drive your cars on Ryan's head."
There is never a dull moment......
3 comments:
Aren't the dropping temps wonderful?! I just can't get enough. I'm letting swarms of flies in the house because I can't help but keep the front door open (only because most of our windows are sealed shut *sigh*). And those temps are perfect walking weather. Does Ryan like the outside like Jackson did?
Glad Jackson liked his school room. Do keep us updated on his first day of school next week! I can't wait to hear the stories.
Sarah and I took a walk this morning too. So nice to smell the fresh air and to get outside. Momma's gotta lose this baby weight somehow!
I'm glad to hear meet the teacher went good. I can't wait to hear how his first day goes and how you manage your first week by yourself.
And what perfect timing...your first week alone and Jackson starts school. Sounds perfect to me!
Did Jackson get his haircut?? I miss you guys
Post a Comment