Wednesday, September 29, 2010

A Grateful Heart

At night when I'm nursing Ryan I catch up on reading blogs and often end up on blogs of other people that I do not know. There are so many people out there who have teeny babies in the NICU or have sick children, who have lost children, or who are desperately trying to get pregnant and can't. It is a reminder to me to be grateful for the blessings I've been given. I am grateful to God that I'm a tired mommy because I have a precious baby boy to get up and feed in the middle of the night. I'm grateful that I have the privilege of worrying about whether or not I'll raise my boys right and how to protect them from the ugliness of this world. I'm grateful that my house is a little too loud and a little too messy because I have two boys to look after. I'm grateful that my toes are looking ugly because I don't have time for a pedicure and I'm still carrying a few extra pounds (okay maybe more than a few) because I don't have much time to exercise. I'm grateful that our budget is a little tighter because I get to stay home to raise my boys. I'm grateful that I hardly watch t.v. anymore because we are just too busy. I'm grateful that Laine and I don't have quite as much time with each other because we have been blessed with another boy to raise. Thank you God for the gifts we've been given. Please help us to always remember and be thankful for these gifts.

4 comments:

Amanda said...

This brought tears to my eyes. Amen and amen. I love you.

Tianay said...

Amen sister!!! Truly we are blessed beyond our wildest dreams. Would love for you to bring the boys to the duck pond with us or maybe we could come to the one near your house.

Lauri said...

I love this post! I felt exactly the same way after Kaitlynn was born without any defects or abnormalities. To this day I still try to remind myself how lucky we are, even when I have a tough day or week (as I am right now!!) Thank you for reminding me of the importance of being grateful!! It's so easy to get caught up with life and forget that we are all so truly blessed!

Tanna said...

Amen, Dana. Well said. Amen.