Thursday, September 16, 2010

BIG Boy

Ryan had his 4 week check-up today. We have a BIG boy on our hands. He weighs 11 lbs, 6 oz (90th %)! He is 21.5 inches tall (50-75th %.) I knew he was getting big because he's almost outgrowing size 1 diapers. That and his double chin and chubby legs. :-) At 4 weeks, Jackson weighed 8 lbs., 4 oz.



Now for a few pictures...



Jackson enjoys playing with all of Ryan's "toys."





Our neighbor gave Ryan this precious diaper cover. She incorporated Aggie and UT colors.






Are you missing anything? If so, I suggest you check Jackson's dump truck and/or his cars that have storage under the seat. Here's what I've found in these hiding places: kitchen utensils, my watch, my telephone, trash, a nursing pad, all sorts of his toys, dead worms, dirty diapers, small books, shoes, my ChapStick, socks, cups, leaves, rocks, food, and much much more!











Ryan, Jackson, and I went to ladies Bible study at church last week. It's on Tuesday mornings and they provide child care. I'm really looking forward to getting back into a study this year. I'm just hoping I'm able to keep up! I had Ryan with me so I'm not sure exactly how much I heard but I'm sure I took something away, right? :-)






Here is a picture of what happens when you are nursing and you ask your two year old to bring you a little piece of toilet paper to wipe his nose.




Ryan loves the bouncy seat as much as Jackson did. If he's super fussy and can't sleep we can usually get him to calm down with a pacifier in the bouncy seat. And by the way, thank goodness for pacifiers. Sometimes it really helps to calm Ryan. I knew we were missing out with Jackson but didn't realize how much.


We took our first walk in the double jogger this morning since both boys were up early. It's still a little hot. I'm SOOOO looking forward to fall walking weather!



Last time my sister visited she brought some homemade granola. I asked her to send the recipe and we made some yesterday. YUM! I'm trying to venture out and make more homemade things these days. I know it's good to get away from all of the boxed foods. I've recently made several types of homemade muffins, pancakes, and now granola. All things I used to make from a box. I think I'm going to ask for a bread maker for Christmas and start trying to make homemade bread. I'm also going to try homemade baby food once Ryan is a little bigger.



Ryan continues to be a pretty easy baby but we are having our fair share of sleep problems. He sometimes really struggles to fall asleep and gets pretty fussy. I know that's normal for this age though.
We are finally starting to settle into a routine and it's getting easier to get out with both boys. Jackson is enjoying school and seems to be doing well. Ryan is super easy to run errands with right now so that's how we spend our mornings while Jackson is at school.
That's all for now. I'm going to try to close my eyes for sec while both boys are asleep. Ryan will wake any second so I better hurry!!!

5 comments:

Courtney said...

LOVE the diaper cover - what a cute idea. How darn funny about Jackson putting all sorts of things in his trucks, etc. I can picture him walking around the house...."yes, i want this, and this, and this..."

Yea......you made the granola:)

Tanna said...

Ryan IS growing! His little cheeks are so very cute! I love all of Jackson's "collections" in his trucks! LOL! He is a busy man like Alex!

Katherine said...

He IS so big! You've got some power milk momma! What a healthy boy Ryan is! He looks more like he should be 3 months instead of 4 weeks! :) Can't wait to see him soon! I'm anxious to see what Sarah weighs these days! Glad Jackson is keeping himself busy with all his trucks...oh and toilet paper! I would love the recipe for that granola. Looks yummy!

Lauri said...

As soon as I saw Ryan's pictures I could TOTALLY tell how much he's grown! What a chub, LOVE it! It's so hard to believe he's the same teeny tiny baby I saw just a few weeks ago. They change so fast!

Good for you for being committed to making your own food for your family. And Jackson cracks me up with his latest antics. I think he and Kaitlynn would get along great!

Hope you're getting enough rest these days and keep the pictures coming!

Amanda said...

What a great little documentary of all that's going on. You go girl with all of your photos that tell the story of your days. =)

Little Ryan is growing fast! I can't believe how much more he weighs than Jackson did - that's amazing!

You should post the recipe for the granola. That stuff looks so good! I'd love any other meal suggestions you have, too. I'll take all the help I can get in that area.

Can't wait to see you next month!!